Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
This is absolute garbage. No crowd, not atmosphere, no intensity. Can’t believe the NHL implemented this terrible idea. Then there’s the draft debacle too. What a load of shit.

Any NHL hockey is better than no NHL hockey. It has been too long and I am glad they found a way to play some games.

Sure it is different without the fans adding energy to the building, but the fake crowd audio is a nice touch that will over time allow us to forget that there is nobody in the stands and allow us to focus on what is happening on the ice.

The games are going to be a load of fun, in my opinion.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is absolute garbage. No crowd, not atmosphere, no intensity. Can’t believe the NHL implemented this terrible idea. Then there’s the draft debacle too. What a load of shit.

It's the equivalent of preseason right now, intensity will get better once the games mean something.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If NHL adopts this 24 playoff team format for every season, then i am done with the NHL. The regular season would be completely f***ing pointless.
Ratio wise its no different than what we had back in the 80s and early 90s before expansion.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
The main thing I'm annoyed by this year's playoffs is that one of the teams in it is going to get the #1 pick. That team's fans get to watch their team play this summer and take away the best pick in the draft.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We all know what the plural for Leaf is, and it's not Leafs.

What is the plural of leaf? Is it leafs or leaves? - Quora
As much fun as it is to rag on Leaf fans, you should probably look into proper nouns, the Toronto team was given a proper name after the Maple Leaf badge worn by Canadian soldiers, when pluralizing a proper noun, you add an "s" regardless of whether the common noun has a plural form that differs.

Much like Adam Foot would not introduce his family as the Feet, the Toronto Maple Leafs would not introduce themselves as the leaves.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I actually enjoyed last nights games. They had more intensity and better hockey being played than a preseason game.

Watching it just makes me even more pissed that we don’t get watch our guys not until December.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The main thing I'm annoyed by this year's playoffs is that one of the teams in it is going to get the #1 pick. That team's fans get to watch their team play this summer and take away the best pick in the draft.

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. If they opt to continue having expanded playoffs (or play ins) in future seasons I can't imagine allowing those teams to be included in the lottery.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I won't watch much since I usually only watch the Sens, but I think they and the NBA have done a great job. The games don't matter yet, so the quality will be way better when it gets going.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
oooh. nice pass by konecny and finish by laughton to end the game against the penguins.

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
Do every games and morning skates happen at the same rink?

today would have 6 morning skates + 3 games.

how can you fit all that? And the quality of ice by the end of the day...

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

yeah there should have been a top 3 protection or something it’s ridiculous...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If you're going to let teams in the playoffs be in the draft lottery, why not have all the teams in the playoffs?
I'd be fine with that if they included a max # of spots you could move up like in the past. If they did go that route though, I'd alter the odds to lessen the odds of the worst team getting 1st OA almost all the time. Heck, you could exclude the worst team from the lottery entirely and they'd still get a great shot at 1st OA if you capped it at moving up 4 spots.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Are there going to be more scrimmages? I missed them and wanted to check it out.
Yes,

cut.jpg

But the real question you should be asking is when the next HF grammar lessons will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese