Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis

However, I hope Berg is okay both physically and mentally. I'd wager there's an unknown circumstance circulating this. Something has to be effecting him because he's not this bad.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's actually crazy how bad those 3 have been for the Sabres. Still a great trade for us.

Reports are saying Berglund was furious about being healthy scratched earlier in the year. Have no idea any other details but apparently he rarely talked to the media, etc. So I guess he's just fed up with them.

But the guy is also painfully slow and is going on 31 years old at the end of the season. The game will be passing him by and he will just become less effective every year.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

However, I hope Berg is okay both physically and mentally. I'd wager there's an unknown circumstance circulating this. Something has to be effecting him because he's not this bad.

Wow. Absolute theft by Armstrong, especially with the top ten protected first. If we suck this year and turn it around next year they’ll be left with two awful black holes, a black hole with some potential still, a late first and second for the best player on our roster. That’s one of the best trades in our franchises history as long as we don’t give up a top 5 pick next year.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I mean if that were the case why wouldn’t the team just grant him a leave of absence? Seems like a good way to find yourself getting sued if he truly is having health/mental health issues.

If they didn't know about it, I could see it happening as some automatic thing. Berglund has gotten scratched before and it's not like ~14 minutes a game has been significantly lower than what he was getting here, so I find the unhappy about being scratched/ice time to be kind of weird.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We just cant suck next year. Even if we cough up a 10-20 pick this year, you make that trade for O'Reilly. I dont know how how of a pick I'd value him but same as Schenn....he's work a mid pick

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Berglund was overrated player in Blues.

Good he's dropped down to earth. Understand he isn't good player. He only builded good status so get good icetime in top9 role. Look where he's now.

The joker gets karma. I'm loving it.

Last edited:

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
What's the deal with recent ex-Blues? Lehtera goes to Philly and starts a drug ring, Berglund suspended with no warning or explanation.. Might want to take a look at Perron since he spent some time away :naughty:

In all seriousness, hope all is well with Berglund - both that he has no undisclosed health or personal issues and also that he didn't quit on his team due to being unhappy about his usage.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Berglund for Steen. Would ya?

Steen is and always has been a better player than Berglund ... well hes been a better player than anyone on this team except Vladdy since hes been a Blues, the lack of respect for Steen in this town will always confuse me, Hes been better/more healthy then just about any forward since we traded for him, could some players been better if then could stay on the ice? maybe but they did not stay so its moot point, Steen has been a great Blue and this town completely craps on him

Reactions: jura and Blueston

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I completely missed that Mick McGeough had passed away. Geez, I was out of the loop for that 3-week stretch.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I completely missed that Mick McGeough had passed away. Geez, I was out of the loop for that 3-week stretch.
he was probably the worst official until tim peel came around.

i still remember him making 2 terrible calls against the senators about 10 years ago when the blues were making a playoff push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad