Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
He says he hasn’t picked where yet (though he strongly hinted won’t be someplace like Columbus). Florida and New York teams seem high on his list too.
That would make Florida pretty dangerous. I wouldn't mind overpaying a bit though to entice him since we're in a pretty good cap situation besides a few contracts that wouldn't be too tough to move.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I know I was thinking what if we could sign him as an FA. We have the Tarasenko connection so I don't think it's impossible, but it's probably wishful thinking. People seem to think he wants to go back to Chicago which kind of surprises me considering they were the ones who shipped him to Columbus in the first place.

That would make Florida pretty dangerous. I wouldn't mind overpaying a bit though to entice him since we're in a pretty good cap situation besides a few contracts that wouldn't be too tough to move.

Every single source says he wants a large market. I dont think it's a situation of needing to overpay, he just isnt interested. I forgot where the quote came from but it said the Tarasenko/Panarin isn't a factor in where he plays.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
So ducks just ruined their Hughes sweepstakes and fired Randy. Also talking about him landing in New York or Detroit you guys are forgetting certain shitty team that forked over their first rounder in Duchene trade.

Every single source says he wants a large market. I dont think it's a situation of needing to overpay, he just isnt interested. I forgot where the quote came from but it said the Tarasenko/Panarin isn't a factor in where he plays.
Tbf not a single marque player have ever stayed in Columbus. They all want out.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Lol Ducks. Waited this long to fire Carlyle only to put their GM behind the bench. That should go well.
Well shit, now we've got to worry about the Ducks getting ba- ... wait, Bob Murray is going to run the team for the rest of the season? Never mind. Someone should warn Ottawa and New Jersey and Colorado, though - there's serious competition for the #1 overall spot coming.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Well ****, now we've got to worry about the Ducks getting ba- ... wait, Bob Murray is going to run the team for the rest of the season? Never mind. Someone should warn Ottawa and New Jersey and Colorado, though - there's serious competition for the #1 overall spot coming.
It will be interesting having the end-of-game coach interview also being an interview with the GM

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
That what I’m saying. I don’t think CBj will trade him, but I do think he ultimately doesn’t sign there due to a lack of Russians and their animosity - not just their disinterest - towards Bob. I don’t think they are a package deal but I believe Bob’s treatment by the organization has soured Panarin at least somewhat.
Let's not put all of the blame for Bob's treatment on the organization. Between Bob and his agent, they've been a real PITA to deal with at times. The first contract negotiation was by all accounts difficult [to put it nicely] because of demands made between Bobrovsky and his agent at different times in the process, the second time around was "easier" in that it didn't stretch out over much of the summer, but otherwise it was the same kind of process. There's been other stuff behind the scenes along the way, and I think Columbus has shown pretty good patience not just throwing the towel in on him and saying "you know what, you're not worth this shit" and sticking with him.

That said, Panarin signing with the same agent tells me that there's no way in hell he's staying. My gut says that both of them are looking for $10 million plus and near-max term from Columbus; no idea if that's the price tag for other teams. Panarin, I could buy even if I don't like the term simply because of how he elevates the guys around him. Bobrovsky, ... I don't know how the hell you give him that kind of money given his postseason history.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Do we consider the Schmaltz/Strome trade a loss for Arizona? I know Schmaltz was good for them but Strome is looking like top pick finally.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
well that sucks

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Quite a birthday for Rangers goalie Alexander Georgiev.

55 saves on 56 shots faced to steal a win from the Leafs.
Toronto had 4 PP and got off 23 shots on net. It feels like there was a stretch of 23 PP opportunities earlier in the year where we didn't even attempt 23 total shots.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Don't even bring up the idea of getting Bob or Panarin. Both are prima donas. I like our team chemistry now. We don't need any drama queens wearing the note.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Don't even bring up the idea of getting Bob or Panarin. Both are prima donas. I like our team chemistry now. We don't need any drama queens wearing the note.
What makes Panarin a prima dona? He’s hitting UFA at 27 years after coming into the NHL and producing at a high level. At least he’s been open about wanting to test FA and what he prefers and not stringing Columbus along ala Tavares. It’s a shame he doesn’t want to play in a city like STL because the Blues would be foolish to not go after him. But do you really begrudge him for wanting to be a 27 year old making millions of dollars in NYC/LA/South Florida? I don’t. It sucks for Columbus fans but it is what it is.

Boborovsky I’m less familiar about but it seems he feels slighted by the franchise. So, I’m not really sure what’s going on there and don’t think the Blues should go after him given his price, regardless of any perceived attitude problems.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
What makes Panarin a prima dona? He’s hitting UFA at 27 years after coming into the NHL and producing at a high level. At least he’s been open about wanting to test FA and what he prefers and not stringing Columbus along ala Tavares. It’s a shame he doesn’t want to play in a city like STL because the Blues would be foolish to not go after him. But do you really begrudge him for wanting to be a 27 year old making millions of dollars in NYC/LA/South Florida? I don’t. It sucks for Columbus fans but it is what it is.

Boborovsky I’m less familiar about but it seems he feels slighted by the franchise. So, I’m not really sure what’s going on there and don’t think the Blues should go after him given his price, regardless of any perceived attitude problems.

Why waste any effort on the guy. He wants a lifestyle most teams can't provide. Next.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Sad? I call it justice.

Amen. They were the Yankees of hockey in the late 90's and early 2000's. They spent more on players then than they do now (when you factor inflation).

Especially with them out of the central, I don't care much for them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad