Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Is there rule for delaying game, play time at own zone, not keeping puck moving?

There was couple games ago case where Parayko get warned from ref, move it etc.

This clip.

And we know this also where refs blow the game down and faceoff will start at zone where the puck was.

You have to sit back there for a minute before a penalty can be given. In this particular instance, the Ref can just STFU

Reactions: jura and CoMoBlues

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Well those fans at least have balls.
It's just silly, IMO.

Team's a mess? By all means, be unhappy. But you are literally just throwing away your own money by doing that. That's just dumb. It's not like there will never be a time when you're proud to wear that again, or that you never had any good memories while wearing it before.

Along those lines, it's not like that jersey just stands for "this" team. It represents the history of the organization, it's current state, all that's come before, and all that will come down the road. If your appreciation for your team can't extend beyond the now, that doesn't make you much of a fan in my book.

That said, if people want to throw away their money in a short-sighted display of displeasure, I certainly support their right to do so. I would just never, ever, do it myself.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The only time I would throw a perfectly good jersey onto the ice is when they announce the Blues are moving to Houston

Reactions: jura

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
The bag on the head is a much cheaper way to show your embarrassment. $200 is a little too expensive of a hissy fit for me.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It's just silly, IMO.

Team's a mess? By all means, be unhappy. But you are literally just throwing away your own money by doing that. That's just dumb. It's not like there will never be a time when you're proud to wear that again, or that you never had any good memories while wearing it before.

Along those lines, it's not like that jersey just stands for "this" team. It represents the history of the organization, it's current state, all that's come before, and all that will come down the road. If your appreciation for your team can't extend beyond the now, that doesn't make you much of a fan in my book.

That said, if people want to throw away their money in a short-sighted display of displeasure, I certainly support their right to do so. I would just never, ever, do it myself.
I would buy bag of cheap fake Jake Allen jersey's and every game just throw one in the ice.

I do remember one time Shattery was pretty damn pissed about when somebody throw Blues Jersey on ice.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I wish I had a jersey to wear. My old one (cost me 120) burned up in a fire about a year-and-a-half ago, and I haven't had the money to replace it.

That Flyers fan doesn't know how good they have it.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
What size? Um...not sure. Sorry for mentioning it. You shouldn't give me one; I'll just ask for it as a Christmas present.

But thank you for the offer! :)
I have a Parayko jersey that is too big for me. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with it. I still wear it, but I’m getting a jersey for Christmas that actually fits. Anyway PM me if you are interested, otherwise I’ll keep rolling the sleeves up.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
As if the prognosis for the playoffs weren't ugly enough, if the season ended today, 5 teams from the PACIFIC would make the playoffs...so the Blues would really need to finish top-3 in the Central to qualify. :biglaugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
As if the prognosis for the playoffs weren't ugly enough, if the season ended today, 5 teams from the PACIFIC would make the playoffs...so the Blues would really need to finish top-3 in the Central to qualify. :biglaugh:
By points percentage it would be 4 teams from both divisions. Minnesota is ahead of Vegas.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
This is looking WAY HEAD into the expansion draft for Seattle for 2021-2022 season.

Anyone realize how much of an advantage Vegas has in this whole entire thing????

Since they are exempt, Vegas can make trades with team who don't want to lose players for nothing.
I.E. Blues with Fabbri & Dunn could deal them to Vegas to get prospects or picks in order to avoid losing them for nothing.

Vegas is going to be so loaded with prospects that can made deals with teams for players that don't want to lose.

2017 12 picks.
2018 8 picks
2019 9 picks
2020 9 picks

Vegas has been put at such an advantage here, they should look to take advantage of this.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This is looking WAY HEAD into the expansion draft for Seattle for 2021-2022 season.

Anyone realize how much of an advantage Vegas has in this whole entire thing????

Since they are exempt, Vegas can make trades with team who don't want to lose players for nothing.
I.E. Blues with Fabbri & Dunn could deal them to Vegas to get prospects or picks in order to avoid losing them for nothing.

Vegas is going to be so loaded with prospects that can made deals with teams for players that don't want to lose.

2017 12 picks.
2018 8 picks
2019 9 picks
2020 9 picks

Vegas has been put at such an advantage here, they should look to take advantage of this.
And it pisses me off that it’s this way. They got handed a competitive team on a platter, and now they get yet another competive advantage. Utter crap if you ask me.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
And it pisses me off that it’s this way. They got handed a competitive team on a platter, and now they get yet another competive advantage. Utter crap if you ask me.

I didn't mind the expansion draft part. This is the part that gets me. They will have played 4 seasons. They shouldn't be exempt. Now if Seattle was coming this season, I would be ok with them being exempt since it has only been 2 years.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It was the other owners who decided that Vegas shouldn't be included, they wanted a bigger slice of the expansion fee.

As for the advantages that Vegas has had? It has been almost exclusively down to them taking advantage of other GM's being complete idiots and players having career years last year.

They got Tuch and Theodore because the GM's of the Wild & Ducks couldn't get a deal done to move out a defenseman. The Wild made their own bed with the NMC's.

They got Karlsson to take a cap dump. They got Marchessault to take Smith after in-fighting in the Panthers front office.

The most they should have been getting is career second pairing defenseman and second/third line tweeners with limited upside.

Reactions: Blueston

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
It was the other owners who decided that Vegas shouldn't be included, they wanted a bigger slice of the expansion fee.

As for the advantages that Vegas has had? It has been almost exclusively down to them taking advantage of other GM's being complete idiots and players having career years last year.

They got Tuch and Theodore because the GM's of the Wild & Ducks couldn't get a deal done to move out a defenseman. The Wild made their own bed with the NMC's.

They got Karlsson to take a cap dump. They got Marchessault to take Smith after in-fighting in the Panthers front office.

The most they should have been getting is career second pairing defenseman and second/third line tweeners with limited upside.

I'm not upset with the whole expansion draft with how it happen. That part was fine with me. I have zero issue with Vegas expansion draft. They got lucky with lot of players having career years, but they also picked a bunch of players in last year of deal, which was a VERY SMART.

My issue is what I brought with Seattle draft. With Vegas exempt and teams looking to get rid of players to get something instead of just losing them, Vegas has all the power if they want to make trades to get some very good players that will be left exposed.

2017 12 picks.
2018 8 picks
2019 9 picks
2020 9 picks

They will have plenty of prospects that they can trade for these players.

Vegas should/will take advantage of this and they can have a very good team for years to come.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not upset with the whole expansion draft with how it happen. That part was fine with me. I have zero issue with Vegas expansion draft. They got lucky with lot of players having career years, but they also picked a bunch of players in last year of deal, which was a VERY SMART.

My issue is what I brought with Seattle draft. With Vegas exempt and teams looking to get rid of players to get something instead of just losing them, Vegas has all the power if they want to make trades to get some very good players that will be left exposed.

2017 12 picks.
2018 8 picks
2019 9 picks
2020 9 picks

They will have plenty of prospects that they can trade for these players.

Vegas should/will take advantage of this and they can have a very good team for years to come.
It was still the owners of the other 30 teams that decided that should be the case. They wanted the extra $700k each.

Not that it matters. Teams have over 2 years to appropriately plan for the expansion draft. The majority of 2017 & ‘18 draft picks will be exempt, and all ‘19 and ‘20.

The teams that are in trouble are ones with 4 defensemen that they need to protect or teams that give our NMC’s to average players. There are more teams than just Vegas that are positioned to take advantage of the opportunity arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad