Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
I don't want Houston to get a team. Quebec needs to be next.
I've always been of the opinion that if a city loses a team, they should never be considered for a new one ( expansion or relocation ) again. This goes for all sports.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I've always been of the opinion that if a city loses a team, they should never be considered for a new one ( expansion or relocation ) again. This goes for all sports.
Eh, I think it’s pretty clear that giving Winnipeg another team has worked quite well. Some cities deserve another chance.

Anyways, love seeing Reaves light up Wilson. :laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Love that hit by Reaves only because it was on Wilson. Wilson deserves to be cheapshotted as does his buddy Oshie who constantly defends his indefensible hits. They should be fair game at all times to be hit whether they have the puck or not because Wislon doesn't give a shit where the puck is before he hits someone.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lol **** you Wilson! How does that feel guy? Love that shot of him clearly in pain, couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I don't know what is worse: Wilson's dirtbag intent to injure players or the Capitals' fans refusal to acknowledge that he is a dirty player.

In any case, if there were a few more Ryan Reaves'es in the league, Wilson would be getting hit in this fashion on a nightly basis.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I'm not really sure why people are crying over this hit. Most of the fans realize it was due for Wilson to get hit hard, but the way in which he was hurt has absolutely nothing to do with the hit. It has everything to do with how he doesn't put his helmet on tight enough. Wilson touched the puck and continued to look at it, Reaves went in for a hit (one that was pretty late, but in no way worse than what I've seen from the Preds), and cleanly hit Wilson in the shoulder/chest, and laid him out. Hardly a blindside hit, not an illegal check, not directed at the head, just late.

Reaves has never been a player that would try to hurt someone with an illegal check, despite his reputation as a dirty player or a goon. He's always played hard and been a great energy player, not in spite of this, but because of it. Glad he didn't get a suspension, because it really wasn't warranted.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
looks like the five worst teams are separating from the rest of the pack, in regards to "W" vs. "L":
LA, minus-7 (through 28)
Chicago, minus-6 (through 29)
Vancouver, minus-5 (through 30)
STL, minus-4 (through 26)
NJ, minus-3 (through 26)
no other team is worse than 1-game under ".500". Detroit the Rangers and Ottawa are holding things together pretty nicely, but could join this group in the next month, I'd think.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
looks like the five worst teams are separating from the rest of the pack, in regards to "W" vs. "L":
LA, minus-7 (through 28)
Chicago, minus-6 (through 29)
Vancouver, minus-5 (through 30)
STL, minus-4 (through 26)
NJ, minus-3 (through 26)
no other team is worse than 1-game under ".500". Detroit the Rangers and Ottawa are holding things together pretty nicely, but could join this group in the next month, I'd think.
Yeah, LAK, Chicago and Vancouver are probably going to finish worse than St Louis no matter what. You can also look at goal differential to get a rough idea of who is overperforming and underperforming.

I think Edmonton trends up. But New Jersey and Ottawa probably trend back toward the bottom. New Jersey is interesting because they were a playoff team last year, so I could see them fighting to try and right the ship, maybe make a trade to go for it again.

And then there's the Ducks. They are holding it together with smoke and mirrors. But that division is so weak that I don't think they'll lose enough games to truly finish badly.

So by my count, the Blues could realistically finish ahead of:
Kings, Hawks, Canucks, Senators, Red Wings, Devils...with a challenge from Edmonton and the Flyers. I think the Blues will be flirting with the boundary between keeping their top 10 pick, but most likely picking 7th or 8th (barring any bad luck with the lottery).

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
According to posters on the main boards the hit wasn’t even really late occurring .51 seconds after he passed.

Interestingly, Bob McKenzie explained that this is an actual barometer for DOPS. In judging "late" hits, anything between .5 and .6 seconds late typically won't result in additional discipline absent other exacerbating circumstances (e.g., a hit to the head in addition to being "late").

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Reaves did not hit his head. Looks like he may have hit his forehead when he fell after his helmet came off. Would the force of that hit be enough to cause a concussion? Or the ice contact?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
A few weeks ago the Caps beat writer literally wrote an article about how Wilson “doesn’t feel the need to publicly show remorse about his hits.” No joke. His logic was that him and his teammates know that he “feels bad” so he doesn’t think he needs to say it to the media or anyone else.

It’s also been reported that he hasn’t reached out to any of the players he has injured to see if they’re okay. But yeah, he totally cares!

Compare that to when Sammy Blais accidentally high-sticked Grabner who ended up with a gruesome eye injury. Blais said in a quote in Korac’s article that he did text Grabner to wish him well. Common courtesy.

Wilson is just a straight up douchebag psychopath. I hate the guy. I don’t wish any harm for anyone in the league except for Wilson. He deserves anything that could possibly happen to him and I would never feel bad about it.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
A few weeks ago the Caps beat writer literally wrote an article about how Wilson “doesn’t feel the need to publicly show remorse about his hits.” No joke. His logic was that him and his teammates know that he “feels bad” so he doesn’t think he needs to say it to the media or anyone else.

It’s also been reported that he hasn’t reached out to any of the players he has injured to see if they’re okay. But yeah, he totally cares!

Compare that to when Sammy Blais accidentally high-sticked Grabner who ended up with a gruesome eye injury. Blais said in a quote in Korac’s article that he did text Grabner to wish him well. Common courtesy.

Wilson is just a straight up *****ebag psychopath. I hate the guy. I don’t wish any harm for anyone in the league except for Wilson. He deserves anything that could possibly happen to him and I would never feel bad about it.
I'm with you. I hate a lot of players in the NHL(Patty Kane, Mikael Granlund, Johnny Gaudreau, Brent Seabrook, Jonathan Quick etc.) I love when they get hit hard, or a call or play doesn't go their way. I think it's hysterical. I would never wish bodily harm on them though, and honestly I wouldn't wish it on Tom Wilson either, but if it happens I wouldn't feel bad. He got a concussion from a perfectly clean hit? Don't give a shit. Even if Reaves blindsided him two seconds after he got rid of the puck I wouldn't really care. I'd think it was a cheapshot by Reaves, and I wouldn't want a Blues player to do that, but if it's on Wilson I don't care one bit. Basically, I don't hope for him to get injured, but I don't care if he does just as he doesn't care if he injures others.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Is there rule for delaying game, play time at own zone, not keeping puck moving?

There was couple games ago case where Parayko get warned from ref, move it etc.

This clip.

And we know this also where refs blow the game down and faceoff will start at zone where the puck was.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
I absolutely hate that play. Petrangelo does that very often, and 90% of the time the successive stretch pass results in an icing. Delay of game should be the rule if the puck is not moved within 5 seconds imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->