Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's not like the same can't be said about a Blues fan or two.

I can't use the ignore feature because of what I do here, but I really can't recommend the feature strongly enough for others.
Yep....I've got a few Blues fans ignored. I'm sure everyone gets annoying to some but most of the time it's just a few heated exchanges that can be overlooked

Reactions: stlwahoo

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Depends on what the ultimate rationale is for suspending him. As it stands, if they end up terminating his contract it's nothing on the cap.

If he were still here, we'd be trying to get out of that contract too. Our saving grace is that Botterill took that contract and Sobotkas's, though now you start to wonder how much of both of those guys last year was ... yes, the coaching staff.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Couple interesting items on Berglund suspension on HNIC tonight. First, they said he skipped practice yesterday and then didn't show up for flight to Washington for game. Second, they mentioned that he was supposed to turn in no trade list ahead of July 1 when his full became a partial and he didn't get it in. So that was how we were able to deal him to Buffalo and he apparently wasn't happy to go there. Sounds like Sabres don't want him back and may try to terminate his contract if they can't deal him.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Couple interesting items on Berglund suspension on HNIC tonight. First, they said he skipped practice yesterday and then didn't show up for flight to Washington for game. Second, they mentioned that he was supposed to turn in no trade list ahead of July 1 when his full became a partial and he didn't get it in. So that was how we were able to deal him to Buffalo and he apparently wasn't happy to go there. Sounds like Sabres don't want him back and may try to terminate his contract if they can't deal him.
So much money. What's wrong with him?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Hate the Leafs?
Living in Toronto for a bit certainly didn’t make me grow a soft spot for them. And that was when they sucked. I imagine it is insufferable now.

Plus, at least we aren’t alone in the 50+ year thing just now.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Forgive me. My only experience with Leafs fans is watching Steve Dangle's videos, so my view of them isn't as negative.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
That’s crazy.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
My new favorite thing on the main boards is Buffalo fans crowing about an unprotected 1st from the Blues NEXT year, amd how awesome that pick will be, thus winning the O’Reilly trade.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Forgive me. My only experience with Leafs fans is watching Steve Dangle's videos, so my view of them isn't as negative.
Toronto fans are fine, it's the media that just grates away at you.

It's non-stop coverage, so they need to find stuff to talk about. Like how every player from the GTA would sell their granny to come play on a winning Toronto team. An underlying sense of entitlement from some.

The coverage of the Leafs in Toronto is never overly negative either. Media coverage in places like Montreal and Vancouver love to rip their teams apart. When Toronto are bad the media will pick one player, it will all be his fault (Phaneuf, Kessel, etc)... but the Leafs are great.

Reactions: shmotz

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Apparently the Blues traded Berglund before Berglund submitted his modified NTC list to the Blues - but, the list was due on July 1, so the Blues could trade him anywhere. Very interesting. Berglund can’t be happy with his agent - or, it was Berglund’s fault for not listening to his agent.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Apparently the Blues traded Berglund before Berglund submitted his modified NTC list to the Blues - but, the list was due on July 1, so the Blues could trade him anywhere. Very interesting. Berglund can’t be happy with his agent - or, it was Berglund’s fault for not listening to his agent.
It seemed that he didn’t turn it in in time from what they said on HNIC

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
That finally explains how he ended up in Buffalo.

It's his own fault. The rumours about out interest in ROR had been circulating for ages, we'd have to move salary and he was a prime candidate for that. Crazy that he could mess up like that.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If Berglund is upset about being traded to Buffalo it appears he only has himself to blame (or agent) for not providing the list.
It couldn’t have worked out better for the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad