OT: Around the NHL - Currently serving Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's pretty awful that that was his most memorable moment as a Penguin. What a ****show that was.

Maybe even worse was the contingent of meatheads afterwards that were like "WE NEED A MATT MARTIN ON THIS TEAM TO WIN!"
Yeah. That was a disgusting display no doubt.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Ah yes, what happened to that Gillies clown? Is he still looking to get back inside his cage?

That game was an embarrassment to all of hockey IMO.

Throwback to a bad 70's game. We needed to bring Steve Durbano back from the dead for that one.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
From what it looks like, he already did once.

It's so ridiculously Shero that he evidently coveted The Big Dog during his draft and was kinda crushed when Anaheim took him, instead.

Even after all these years I still don't even really know what kind of GM that guy is. As time goes on though I'm suspecting "a bad one" more and more.
I know people here like to pour on the guy but I often wonder what his career could have been if he didn't get that concussion from the isles debacle and how Bylsma f***ed with the kid.

Ah well. I'll let the negativity on former prospects here continue.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Ludwig120

Jun 15, 2019
Good. **** them. I hate the Sharks, I was very pissed watching them in the finals vs us and getting away with so much clutch and grab and the stick work after the play. I hope Joe retires with no cup. **** those wankers.
I’ll never forget when Crosby slashed him on the opening face off and he got all pissy

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I know people here like to pour on the guy but I often wonder what his career could have been if he didn't get that concussion from the isles debacle and how Bylsma ****ed with the kid.

Ah well. I'll let the negativity on former prospects here continue.

Don't forget the skate blade to the back of the hand.

Kid had a rough run, but I'm glad he's still playing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Don't forget the skate blade to the back of the hand.

Kid had a rough run, but I'm glad he's still playing.
Yeah that's tough. I don't think people understand what a severe concussion can do to someone, I've had a few and it took a while to recover from it, seeing it with my gf's friend, she has been having issues with a concussion she had 2yrs ago, the brain never heals like a cut or a broken bone, hell doctor's can't even figure out 100% when someone is over a concussion.

I have already made my opinion well known on the whole hating a prospect/player that was traded away and the hate people have for them.

Speaking of ex-Penguins, I seriously wish Beau would retire so the team could hire him for their media department. That kid is hilarious and I think he has a future in that side of the business.
To be fair, Mears is pretty bad too. Just a more youthful kind of bad.
I can't stand Mears and Errey as a duo. I have given up seeing the Penguins get some decent guys for their pbp team. Honestly, I hope Beau just calls it quits and starts doing it as a part time basis for the Pens with Potash and then he finds a pbp partner and takes over from those two clowns.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Omfg...beau would be great for social media. Pens social is so weak. The ONLY thing they get right is posting actual game time lines..so many teams never disclose lines.

Dunno his music taste...but..have him work on arena music and goal songs, too.

Also, BizNasty would be fine in these roles lol if they could pry him away

Not sure a team could handle so much realness though, with BOTH at the same time

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
giphy.gif

What show is this gif from?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Letterkenny is one of the best shows going right now. :laugh: I know it's set in Ontario, but it reminds me so much of growing up in rural Western PA, it hurts. The music's definitely better than when I was living there, though.

"105.9 The X! Your home for classic modern alternative, like 3 Doors for Buckcherry and Static X-Factor! Drink BRAWNDO!"

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Letterkenny is one of the best shows going right now. :laugh: I know it's set in Ontario, but it reminds me so much of growing up in rural Western PA, it hurts. The music's definitely better than when I was living there, though.

"105.9 The X! Your home for classic modern alternative, like 3 Doors for Buckcherry and Static X-Factor! Drink BRAWNDO!"

The X is absolutely terrible for music. The only good radio station in Pittsburgh is 91.3 WYEP and even then they get on my nerves.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The X is absolutely terrible for music. The only good radio station in Pittsburgh is 91.3 WYEP and even then they get on my nerves.

WYEP has always been dependent on the DJ. I love that it exists, but man, sometimes it's so hard skewed towards bad folk music or indie flavor of the month that it's hard to take. But the theme shows are always great, and like any good community radio station, it's great to have it around. And then there's the Pitt and CMU radio stations, but man, college radio is either great or awful, no middle ground. Plus you have to stand in the one spot in your apartment that gets it in order to hear it.

WYEP's no KEXP but it's pretty good for what it is.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
WYEP has always been dependent on the DJ. I love that it exists, but man, sometimes it's so hard skewed towards bad folk music or indie flavor of the month that it's hard to take. But the theme shows are always great, and like any good community radio station, it's great to have it around. And then there's the Pitt and CMU radio stations, but man, college radio is either great or awful, no middle ground. Plus you have to stand in the one spot in your apartment that gets it in order to hear it.

WYEP's no KEXP but it's pretty good for what it is.

Oddly enough, Gannon's college radio up in Erie, PA is fantastic. At least it was when I lived there.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Ah yes, what happened to that Gillies clown? Is he still looking to get back inside his cage?

That game was an embarrassment to all of hockey IMO.

And immediately after the game Mario was like "this wasn't hockey"
Then all the knuckle-draggers popped in with their whataboutisms since the Pens employed Matt Cooke. Don Cherry of all people leading the charge.

I'm never going to defend Cooke bc he was a jerkface, but at least you could say what he did was in the context of trying to play hockey. The Isles had no intention of participating in the sport unless it was a WWF script

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
And immediately after the game Mario was like "this wasn't hockey"
Then all the knuckle-draggers popped in with their whataboutisms since the Pens employed Matt Cooke. Don Cherry of all people leading the charge.

I'm never going to defend Cooke bc he was a jerkface, but at least you could say what he did was in the context of trying to play hockey. The Isles had no intention of participating in the sport unless it was a WWF script

And iirc, Another knuckle dragging element was retribution for Brent Johnson embarrassing Dipietro and MAF laughing about it within earshot of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad