OT: Around the NHL - Currently serving Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know people here like to pour on the guy but I often wonder what his career could have been if he didn't get that concussion from the isles debacle and how Bylsma ****ed with the kid.

Ah well. I'll let the negativity on former prospects here continue.

I'm not really trying to dump on the guy super hard. It's obviously a shame he got caught in the maelstrom of a doormat team full of dirtbags seeking their pound of flesh.

I think it's always worth thinking about lost opportunities when talking about Disco. He was, after all, kind of the king of lost opportunities and willfully moronic decisions. But in the end I just don't think Tangradi had what it takes at the NHL level, regardless. He just didn't process the game fast enough, IMO. I do feel bad for big guys that play a skill game since their coaches seem to expect them to play a punishing style and opposing teams tend to run them simply because they are big.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Jackets/Caps game is gonna be good.
All I hope for is a massacre, I don't care in what way, but a mutually assured destruction sort of thing.

Also, I absolutely can not stand the Bostonian accent. Pink Whitney is the Dude version of White Claw. Basic.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Caps are having a hard time sorting out their breakout. The Jackets are carrying the play with their forecheck.

The shots are 11-2 Jackets, but they only lead by one.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The only positive from that period (for the Caps) is that the score is only 1-0. Shots were 20-6 through the opening 20:00.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The fact that Blashill hasn't been fired yet is hilarious, if Yzerman wants to tank, go for it, but at least fire that clown so he doesn't ruin their prospects/young players.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The fact that Blashill hasn't been fired yet is hilarious, if Yzerman wants to tank, go for it, but at least fire that clown so he doesn't ruin their prospects/young players.

What would the new coach do? The Wings are unprecedentedly bad. Yzerman is probably waiting until the offseason to “dismiss” him.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Expect the Caps to put more pucks on net this period. They were outshout 20-6 in the first period. The Jackets, though, only converted once on all of those shots. It's been a struggle for them this season.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
And they make it 2-0. Ryan Murray, not known for his offence, widens the lead for the Jackets.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Expect the Caps to put more pucks on net this period. They were outshout 20-6 in the first period. The Jackets, though, only converted once on all of those shots. It's been a struggle for them this season.

Now it’s 2-0 Jackets...hoping the Caps fall hard..

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Just checking the out of town scoreboard, the Islanders lead the Lightning 2-0 in the second period. So much was expected from the Lightning after last season, especially with how the playoffs went.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Caps moving the puck around, but can't seem to get it on net. The Jackets doing a good job of keeping things to the outside.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
And the Caps are headed to the power play again. The Jackets have been good on the PK, but you have to think the Caps will convert on one of these.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
And Korpisalo, way out, falls backwards after absorbing a shot from Ovchkin on the power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad