OT: Around the NHL - Currently serving Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I remember watching Vegas in the first two games of the season and thinking "I wish the Pens could play like that" and "How do they do it with these nobodies on defense?", also thinking that Sully might be fired soon. How things can change, huh?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Huh. That seems like a mistake unless it’s one of the “he’s actually a terrible human being. Jesus Christ.” firings. JR should make a call and see if he can benefit from the questionable decision making.

Gallant or Recchi to coach the PP and forwards? Ahhh, no brainer there...

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

26D2ECFD-5ADC-4A32-BB1C-BA178E1F3969.gif

You’ll win down here....​

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Deboer, like Gallant, could very well end up being dismissed after a few seasons. However, he's a good choice for the Knights right now. Plus, he's gotten two teams (NJ and SJ) to the SCF early on.

Reactions: Andy99

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
i don't miss flower one bit, but i do feel awful for him here - he's been understandably struggling since his dad died, and this seems like a blue jackets 2k15 move. vegas has some defensive issues (how is engo still playing????), etc, and now they've picked up a guy that was...sunk by goaltending.

the lack of creativity in this league is an epidemic.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Deboer, like Gallant, could very well end up being dismissed after a few seasons. However, he's a good choice for the Knights right now. Plus, he's gotten two teams (NJ and SJ) to the SCF early on.
Myself and all the other VGK HF Members are incensed with disagreement. An insiders view of that Thread right now:
giphy.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I was stunned when I read Vegas fired him this morning.
For what?! Two stanley cup appearances in two seasons and being in a 3 way tie for the wildcard THREE POINTS out of first place in their division?!?

LOL what theee f***?

add:

hope penguins don't fire MS because they aren't first place in the league.
jeez.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
i know the simple answer is francophone, but how are both of bergevin (especially) and julien (cannon fodder) still employed?

does gallant speak french? he seems like the actual best of the recently fired (by goaltending) and the habs are pretty yikes - which seems like a severe lack of depth issue more than coaching, but for some obscure reason molson likewise seems determined to hang on to bergevin, so...:scared:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
i know the simple answer is francophone, but how are both of bergevin (especially) and julien (cannon fodder) still employed?

does gallant speak french? he seems like the actual best of the recently fired (by goaltending) and the habs are pretty yikes - which seems like a severe lack of depth issue more than coaching, but for some obscure reason molson likewise seems determined to hang on to bergevin, so...:scared:
GG is bilingual, he also coached in the Q. He was also an Assistant Coach for the Habs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Blues, you had one task, to beat the Flyers, and you’re failing...

Konecny is a little ****...I think he’s trying to model his game after Marchand...

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Pretty wild that someone who is clearly one of the better coaches in the league has been shockingly shitcanned twice in the last couple years.

What a bizarre move. I was pretty indifferent to them before but now I kinda hope they miss the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->