OT: Around the NHL - Currently serving Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
McDavid and Draisaitl being able to play together without losing any effectiveness is what people wished the "two-headed monster" was when Bylsma put Sid and Geno together. :laugh:

Those two are insanely fun to watch. Draisaitl reminds me of a young Forsberg, and McDavid's probably the best I've ever seen when it comes to top-end speed with the puck on his stick. Nobody's close, imo. Not even Federov, or Bure.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
More and more stuff seems to be coming out about Babcock by the day. The Mule now in on the action, citing Babcock's abusive behavior. Evidently the entire leadership group would petition Holland to shitcan him every year without success.

It seems impossible to me but I have to wonder at this point if Babcock still has an NHL future? At least in the near term? Who would want to touch that controversy?

Oh who am I kidding this league is filled with meatheads and dinosaurs.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
More and more stuff seems to be coming out about Babcock by the day. The Mule now in on the action, citing Babcock's abusive behavior. Evidently the entire leadership group would petition Holland to ****can him every year without success.

It seems impossible to me but I have to wonder at this point if Babcock still has an NHL future? At least in the near term? Who would want to touch that controversy?

Oh who am I kidding this league is filled with meatheads and dinosaurs.

He’ll be back in 2 or 3 years as a “changed man who learned from his mistakes.” He might (I doubt it) but really it will be the old boys club sticking with him as soon as they feel safe doing so again. He’s only done if something truly catastrophic comes out or he doesn’t want to coach again.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He’ll be back in 2 or 3 years as a “changed man who learned from his mistakes.” He might (I doubt it) but really it will be the old boys club sticking with him as soon as they feel safe doing so again. He’s only done if something truly catastrophic comes out or he doesn’t want to coach again.

It's just surprising to see some truly respected players come out with some of these stories. Like you said none of it is truly catastrophic but it sure seems to paint him as a unrepentant asshole who crosses an awful lot of lines. Abuse isn't just punching or kicking someone. Though it feels kinda silly that I even have to say that.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's just surprising to see some truly respected players come out with some of these stories. Like you said none of it is truly catastrophic but it sure seems to paint him as a unrepentant ******* who crosses an awful lot of lines. Abuse isn't just punching or kicking someone. Though it feels kinda silly that I even have to say that.

It is silly to have to say but it's accurate. Babcock is more than an asshole. He was an abusive boss but he wasn't a Peters style abusive boss as far as we know. He'll skate by a bit because of that.

The surprising thing is the GMs covering for it. Not because of moral reasons but because it seems like a good way to at the very least piss off stars.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Devils are all sorts of special. But hey, can't fire the coach because it's only been two decades.

Ray Shero gonna Shero.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Devils are all sorts of special. But hey, can't fire the coach because it's only been two decades.

Ray Shero gonna Shero.
A guy like Nelson would wreck the East with the offensive weapons he'd have. Hynes is such a dipshit of a coach. They're going to botch that Hall thing and Shero is going to be fired again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->