OT: Around the NHL - Currently serving Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Capitals have 52 games left to get 50 points to clinch a playoff spot... unreal.

tenor.gif

Huh? It's not because of his defense... Carlson is +101 for his career with 50 less games. Letang is +67 playing with two of the best players in the world for a decade.

Using +/- to compare players on different teams is pretty useless.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Let’s go Sharks, Wild and Yotes!

By the way, has Tampa already lost more games than last year?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Average? :laugh: He's going to win the Norris this year. Something Letang could never do.

Sorry, I meant they are both average 1D.

In fact, you see, you can mix the top 15-30 dmen amongst any of the teams, and there probably isn't a HUGE difference one way or the other in overall team performance. They are all...average 1D.

I wanted EK for Letang over the last couple years, mostly because of the offense, but, as you have rightfully pointed out, he is pretty terrible now.

But, those top pairing d are all the same. Some years great, others meh.

Norris is a joke trophy, too, man. Burns has at no point, ever been a better defenseman than Letang, for instance.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Phil Kessel scores twice in Phoenix's 3-1 win over Filthydelphia. Just one more reason why he should get a very warm reception here tomorrow. :nod:

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Glad Phil got his goals out of the way against Philly and not the Pens.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
it’s an unfortunate night in the Metro for the Pens...only the Flyers losing was positive, everyone else won ...Pens dropped to fifth again in the division...there’s going to be a lot of pressure to pick up points...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
it’s an unfortunate night in the Metro for the Pens...only the Flyers losing was positive, everyone else won ...Pens dropped to fifth again in the division...there’s going to be a lot of pressure to pick up points...
The teams pressuring the wild card lost though.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It's absolutely hilarious (yet sucky for us) how strong the Metro is and how weak the Atlantic is considering how HF decided that the Atlantic was the powerhouse and the Metro was mediocre.

Six teams from the Metro would be battling for 2nd place in the Atlantic right now. The 2nd place team in the Atlantic wouldn't even be a wildcard club if it was in the Metro.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Apparently the Avs have gotten in touch with the Devils about Hall. That would be absurd. :laugh:

Speaking of the Devils, what a mess. It's a shame Niko and Hughes will just waste away there like prospects did for the Oilers for so many years.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Apparently the Avs have gotten in touch with the Devils about Hall. That would be absurd. :laugh:

Speaking of the Devils, what a mess. It's a shame Niko and Hughes will just waste away there like prospects did for the Oilers for so many years.

Instead of Nico, they could've had Elias Pettersson or Cale Makar or Miro Heiskanen. That pick set them back imo. And Nico isn't even bad but he's just not a 1st overall talent.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Instead of Nico, they could've had Elias Pettersson or Cale Makar or Miro Heiskanen. That pick set them back imo. And Nico isn't even bad but he's just not a 1st overall talent.
They would've been squandered anyway, imo. It's like when people bring up some of Shero's picks being Guentzel and Murray and Rust. First of all, that's Shero's scouts doing a great job, Shero just made the picks. Secondly, does anyone think those guys would become what they've become under a Shero/Bylsma regime? Shero drafted some decent guys, but they wouldn't have done anything if he was still here. Shero's teams are awful at development.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

They'll just get top pick again and add Lafrienere who replaces Hall.

Im glad the rest of the metro is winning tho, there's been at least 2 teams in the top 3(lottery) for years now

Reactions: EightyOne

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
They'll just get top pick again and add Lafrienere who replaces Hall.

Im glad the rest of the metro is winning tho, there's been at least 2 teams in the top 3(lottery) for years now

I hope it goes to the Sens or better yet LA, but yea the Devils are shaping up to be the Oilers 2.0 (without mcdavid)

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Only just recently got the NHL streaming package. So much better than all previous years. Better user interface. More content no lagging and I don’t have to go fishing in streams.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Only just recently got the NHL streaming package. So much better than all previous years. Better user interface. More content no lagging and I don’t have to go fishing in streams.
Honestly the streaming site is so damn good. It has several bitrate's to choose from for quality and it has every hockey league around the world. NHL should hire those guys because that site is incredible.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What site you using? I use the free onhockey one, I rarely use my TV even though I got CI lol.

Reactions: shoplifter

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
What site you using? I use the free onhockey one, I rarely use my TV even though I got CI lol.

I got gamecenter or NHL.tv or NHL Live or whatever it’s called now. I just used to scan reddit for streams. Much easier for me even though I had to pay. I always dreaded it because it would lag or do weird stuff. First year truly happy with it.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I got gamecenter or NHL.tv or NHL Live or whatever it’s called now. I just used to scan reddit for streams. Much easier for me even though I had to pay. I always dreaded it because it would lag or do weird stuff. First year truly happy with it.
Can you rewatch NHL games? if so how far back? not worried about other leagues, only watch NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad