Around the NHL - Congrats to the Tampa Bay Lightning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
They’re both idiots as well as anyone who takes their or any other twitter heroes opinion as gospel.
Yeah, we already have TV, radio, and newspapers providing more than enough horrible hockey opinions. So we should probably ignore the one medium where those bad takes can be countered with messy things like facts and logic by informed individuals.

:sarcasm:

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Yet you're short a Nylander and Brodie and before long a few other pieces.....

In this scenario you would have Kapanen instead of Nylander and Petro instead of Brodie. It would only work for like 2 years, because before you know Rielly, Sandin, Liljegren, Mikheyev (and even Kapanen himself) are up for resigning. So you would need to let Kapanen and Mikheyev walk, to only be able to resign Rielly and bridge one of Sandin/Liljegren, while you cannot resign the other.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
In this scenario you would have Kapanen instead of Nylander and Petro instead of Brodie. It would only work for like 2 years, because before you know Rielly, Sandin, Liljegren, Mikheyev (and even Kapanen himself) are up for resigning. So you would need to let Kapanen and Mikheyev walk, to only be able to resign Rielly and bridge one of Sandin/Liljegren, while you cannot resign the other.

Yup and you're probably currently short another piece as not everyone is signed.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
However one wishes to spin the Brown contract, I for one am happy for the kid. A 7th round pick, a tireless worker, some puck skills, a classy kid who never complains and just plays the game hard. Good luck to you, Connor, glad you got your pay day.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
However one wishes to spin the Brown contract, I for one am happy for the kid. A 7th round pick, a tireless worker, some puck skills, a classy kid who never complains and just plays the game hard. Good luck to you, Connor, glad you got your pay day.

Big fan of Connor. If not for cap constraints would love to have had him here for a long time.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Gauthier might get a 2-way deal at league minimum. I doubt anybody thinks he's a 4C at this point.

It wouldn't shock me, to see us sign him to that 2-way deal. Decent Marlies player, and depth call up, if necessary.

Dermott, Anderson and Gauthier as the players we still sign, before this is all over. Gauthier would be the final signing, because they likely don't place high importance on him, and could be hoping that someone slips through the cracks, and is desperate to stay in the NHL, and can be signed well below what they would have got otherwise.

Reactions: aingefan

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
It wouldn't shock me, to see us sign him to that 2-way deal. Decent Marlies player, and depth call up, if necessary.

Dermott, Anderson and Gauthier as the players we still sign, before this is all over. Gauthier would be the final signing, because they likely don't place high importance on him, and could be hoping that someone slips through the cracks, and is desperate to stay in the NHL, and can be signed well below what they would have got otherwise.

We have enough money to pay him 700k in the AHL. I think we've let him go permanently. Most other teams aren't willing to pay premium for their AHL clubs.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
We have enough money to pay him 700k in the AHL. I think we've let him go permanently. Most other teams are willing to pay premium for their AHL clubs.

You mean, most other teams **aren't** or are?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Gauthier might get a 2-way deal at league minimum. I doubt anybody thinks he's a 4C at this point.
He's actually a pretty decent 4C, our depth at the bottom of the lineup is just too deep for him to have a spot now.

But for playing 8 minutes a night with 70% defensive zone starts he did pretty well.

Reactions: aingefan

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's actually a pretty decent 4C, our depth at the bottom of the lineup is just too deep for him to have a spot now.

But for playing 8 minutes a night with 70% defensive zone starts he did pretty well.

I'd consider him a replacement level 4th liner. He should get an nhl contract from some teams especially since he's a natural centre

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
LeBrun: NHL not in a position to give GMs assurances on start date for new season - TSN

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun discusses the NHL's target date of January 1st for a new season without having the ability to make it official, explains some concerns with how the draft lottery was handled and how the UFA speaking period could be managed in the future.

We are all kind of flying in the dark right now, seeking some type of normalcy. It's to be expected... too many questions, how viable are we without fans paying to see, and what if they can't? Let's hope the new year, brings something better than 2020.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I wouldn't expect much out of Galchenyuk, but at that price, it's a pretty low risk deal, and could actually end up being a big win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad