Around the NHL - Congrats to the Tampa Bay Lightning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I've been hearing so much about these two "huge depth signings" from delusional Habs fans for about a week now. Ahh..they're better than Jumbo and Simmonds, they wanted to play in Montreal, blah, blah, blah.

Waivers seems about right.

How sweet it is.

Its going to be really rough for them if Anderson ends the season at under a 20 goal pace....

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Looks like Kapanen will miss training camp and possibly the start of the Penguins season due to immigration issues and potential quarantine.

How do you let it get this late in the process before heading back to NA?

Did he not sleep in for a Leafs team meeting? :sarcasm:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If the Florida Panthers are allowing 25% of fans which is about 5,000 people, how is that any different when you look at their attendance prior to Covid 19?

3tmoqnh8e8g21.jpg

Welp...the girl in the middle there will have to move a few seats to her left for social distancing measures. ;)

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Report: San Jose Sharks' Evander Kane files for bankruptcy - TSN.ca

San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California after amassing $26.8 million of debt, according to a report from Daniel Kaplan of The Athletic.

Kane’s filing includes $10.2 million in assets. He signed a seven-year, $49 million contract extension with the Sharks in 2018.

The filing also included the possibility that Kane may not even play in the upcoming 2020-21 season, though he has been at Sharks camp practicing with the team. Neither Kane, nor his camp, has spoken publicly about possibly opting out of the season.

According to capfriendly, the 29-year-old has earned $52.9 million in team pay throughout his 11-year career. What may have led to Kane’s financial trouble was not spelled out in the filing, Kaplan writes.

The Vancouver native spent the first six seasons of his NHL career with the Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets franchise. He then played two and a half seasons with the Buffalo Sabres before a trade sent him to the Sharks during the 2017-18 season.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Report: San Jose Sharks' Evander Kane files for bankruptcy - TSN.ca

San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California after amassing $26.8 million of debt, according to a report from Daniel Kaplan of The Athletic.

Kane’s filing includes $10.2 million in assets. He signed a seven-year, $49 million contract extension with the Sharks in 2018.

The filing also included the possibility that Kane may not even play in the upcoming 2020-21 season, though he has been at Sharks camp practicing with the team. Neither Kane, nor his camp, has spoken publicly about possibly opting out of the season.

According to capfriendly, the 29-year-old has earned $52.9 million in team pay throughout his 11-year career. What may have led to Kane’s financial trouble was not spelled out in the filing, Kaplan writes.

The Vancouver native spent the first six seasons of his NHL career with the Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets franchise. He then played two and a half seasons with the Buffalo Sabres before a trade sent him to the Sharks during the 2017-18 season.
Wow, how the heck does that even happen?

Evander Kane files for bankruptcy - The Athletic

Reactions: hockeywiz542

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I don't think the Habs have the capital that they'd be willing to move.

Unless Columbus wants a boatload of picks.
Dubois being available is a dream come true for the Habs, you're right though I dont know how they can pull it off.

I would think they happily offer anyone except Suzuki.

Gallagher seems like a nice fit for CBJ but his age would be an issue, Romanov is nice but not as a centerpiece.

I'm sure the Jackets want a centre back and unless Kekalainen really loves Kotkaniemi or Poehling I dont see either as being enough. If Montreal really wants Dubois in the end they'll need to offer Suzuki.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe Leafs will send Dermott, Kerfoot and 1st for PLD. Lol.
Don’t know how the cap looks like after that.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maybe Leafs will send Dermott, Kerfoot and 1st for PLD. Lol.
Don’t know how the cap looks like after that.

It doesn't work with those guys. You'd have to bring up someone to play D. PLD is $5 mil, Kerfoot is $3.5, and Dermott is $874k... Trading Dermott doesn't save Cap, as you have to replace him with someone earning about the same... so it's adding $1.5 mil to the cap. Maybe it works with Holl instead, but the D is starting to get thin, all to get a C on your third line, that is arguably a #1C on many teams... it's a bit of a waste, though you'd love it, if it fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad