Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Boston currently tied with Ottawa in the third. A win pulls them to within 2 points of the Sabres. Montreal with a good opportunity to pull within 3 points as well, currently up 2-1 against Chicago.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
still think they are the best built team in the nhl aside from maybe tampa. The results will come...

I'd have them #2 as well, but I think there's a decent gap behind Tampa. I think the Lightning are considerably stronger at the most important positions: C and D. Point + Stamkos is a better 1/2 than Schiefele + Little, same for Hedman + McDonagh vis-a-vis Byfuglien and Trouba.

This year's TB team, to me, looks as good as any we've seen in the cap era.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'd have them #2 as well, but I think there's a decent gap behind Tampa. I think the Lightning are considerably stronger at the most important positions: C and D. Point + Stamkos is a better 1/2 than Schiefele + Little, same for Hedman + McDonagh vis-a-vis Byfuglien and Trouba.

This year's TB team, to me, looks as good as any we've seen in the cap era.

I agree totally. I just like the lowry, copp types the jets have. The toughness buff, wheeler bring etc. When you see them play they genuinely are a cohesive unit that plays for eachother and it's clear.

Tampa has kill or and paquette in those roles too and better defense for sure. Point is the difference maker for me. What a steal...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder why the coating would be made to be a color when it's fine, and then clear when it's bad? I would think you would want it to be clear while it's still good, and then change to a color when it's bad. Maybe it's just me...:dunno:

My guess is that is how it will work and the announcement was just poorly worded.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
My favorite thing about that is that it's more evidence that we can get real actual evidence for things like "culture" and "cancer" in the NHL so that it looks worse and worse when people try to shoehorn that narrative where no tangible evidence exists.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
My favorite thing about that is that it's more evidence that we can get real actual evidence for things like "culture" and "cancer" in the NHL so that it looks worse and worse when people try to shoehorn that narrative where no tangible evidence exists.

Unless Taylor Hall was one of the supposed ring leaders of that culture and he hasn’t done too bad in New Jersey.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Likely was Hall/Eberle. They were the leading skills guys in his time. Hopkins too possibly. Yak sucked too much, and McDavid was only the third year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Unless Taylor Hall was one of the supposed ring leaders of that culture and he hasn’t done too bad in New Jersey.

I mean, 1 guy doesn't make a team culture. The interview mentions some specifics that really jump out, like there being a group of guys who thought it was uncool to try hard and who didn't have any respect for the experience/knowledge of veteran players. That stuff has to proliferate to be damning. If Hall was part of that, he certainly wasn't alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad