Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It’s fun watching Barzal succeed, because I remember lists from August 2014 where he was #3 behind 97 and 9. Fell due to injuries, and overblown screen time of others (Strome, Crouse).

Can’t wait to watch Turcotte fall this year for basically the same reason.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It’s fun watching Barzal succeed, because I remember lists from August 2014 where he was #3 behind 97 and 9. Fell due to injuries, and overblown screen time of others (Strome, Crouse).

Can’t wait to watch Turcotte fall this year for basically the same reason.

People got a crazy hard on for Crouse based one goal and his physique. What a terrible pick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Leafs-Lightning is 4-1 for Tampa... but the shots are seriously in the Toronto favor. Tampa just got their first shot of the third at almost 16 minutes in.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Ship has probably sailed but I'd love Parayko on the Sabres.

Give them their pick back plus some other 'non core' pieces? Almost like the ROR deal in reverse. Yes please.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Ship has probably sailed but I'd love Parayko on the Sabres.

Give them their pick back plus some other 'non core' pieces? Almost like the ROR deal in reverse. Yes please.

I don't get why St Louis would trade him unless the package is literally too good to pass up.

If Buffalo called and started the offer with getting their pick back, I would want a couple of the Sabres' top 5-10 prospects, too. Maybe more depending on what the Sabres would need to send back to make the deal work capwise.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

This kid is so filthy, I remember when people around here were using his rookie season as a potential comparison for Mitts :biglaugh:

The fact he fell so far, and the Bruins passed on Barzal and Connor for Senyshyn and DeBrusk is laughable. I like DeBrusk a bit, but Barzal and Connor are downright studs. Awesome news for the Sabres! Barzal has been as good as advertised for a while. I feel Veleno will come in and show a bit too when he makes the jump. To have gotten him in the last first, would have been awesome.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The fact he fell so far, and the Bruins passed on Barzal and Connor for Senyshyn and DeBrusk is laughable. I like DeBrusk a bit, but Barzal and Connor are downright studs. Awesome news for the Sabres! Barzal has been as good as advertised for a while. I feel Veleno will come in and show a bit too when he makes the jump. To have gotten him in the last first, would have been awesome.

If the Bruins had lucked into the right picks there, the East would have been a murder’s row.

Imagine that team with a second line of Barzal Connor Boeser? Or put Chabot on a pair with McAvoy? Yikes.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo

I don't get how this is awesome news for the Sabres. What am I missing? If you think Barzal doing well equates to Mittlestadt in any way, they're completely irrelevant to each other. I don't care if they were twins on the same team. One player's career path has zero effect on another's. Unless you're talking Dale Hunter on Pierre Turgeon.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I don't get how this is awesome news for the Sabres. What am I missing? If you think Barzal doing well equates to Mittlestadt in any way, they're completely irrelevant to each other. I don't care if they were twins on the same team. One player's career path has zero effect on another's. Unless you're talking Dale Hunter on Pierre Turgeon.
Pretty sure he's saying its great news for Buffalo that Boston didnt end up with Barzal & Connor.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
William Hill has us as 14-1 to win the East. I'm putting a bet down on the Leafs to guarantee they won't!
20181214_195431.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad