Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can speculate that the NHLPA would have some things to say about drafted potential NHL players not having an actual NHL team to play for in the 2020 season. Sebastian Aho played 22 games for the Islanders as a 5th rounder last year, it's not unheard of for guys to just be ready early.

Not everyone is a D+2 player being selected and it's not like a non-team couldn't have parked him another year in the SHL in this instance.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Not everyone is a D+2 player being selected and it's not like a non-team couldn't have parked him another year in the SHL in this instance.

Yup. In next year’s draft there will be maybe 2 guys who are absolutely nhl ready and wouldn’t be just fine with another development year.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The asshats from Fanatics were nice enough to inform me they were cancelling my mom's order of a Mat Barzal 3rd jersey because they didn't have it in stock. That was supposed to be my Christmas gift. I came up with Plan B: have her go on eBay and get the game worn Mike Card Amerks jersey for basically the same cost. The Amerks replicas would only cost slightly less than the game worn for a guy who did play in the NHL (albeit for like half a dozen games). Always wanted an Amerks jersey.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Blues win at WPG. Keeps them 2 pts behind us, and with a win tomorrow over the phlyers, we can gain two on them overall.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
C-R-A-Z-Y trade proposal from the main board. But one that got me thinking.

forget Hayes
he will be rental w/decent chance to return to Gotham
he' somebody's rental, not for you.

package deal:
Zib + Andersson + NYR 2019 + 2020 2nds + TB 2019 2nd can morph into 1st
for
Sabes 2019 1st [unconditional] + Ollofsson + StL + SJ 2019 1sts [both conditional]

5 assets for 4
Sabes get 2 guys for right now and only surrender 1 from the names above
Zib is a good deal and decent bet to extend at doable #
Lias is cost controlled just beginning elc
2 2nds min this yr [one is a possible 1st] defray later 2 conditional 1sts, which may get rolled over

Rangers get picks they need
good RD prospect

gamble on Chytil, Howden, returning Hayes and Nieves et al = minimum pivot presence as they scale down to a basic core

I really like Andersson and Zibanejad. That's the type of 2C/3C acquisitions that could put the team over the top. I'd simplify the deal a lot, and take out the STL 1st if they continue to bottom feed. But I'd take a shot at one of those two. If you're giving up the firsts, this is the type of thought I'd pursue.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Zibanejad is an interesting option. Rangers aren’t trading Andersson unless they are nuts. Especially since losing Zibanejad would open up a spot for him.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I hate the guy, but Marchand is a great great hockey player. I’d love him on Jacks wing

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Josh Bailey,
Ooooh Ahhhhh,
I wanna knoooooooooooow
If you'll punch Dylan Larkin right in his stupid face??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad