Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Was hoping for 2020 expansion both for the overall interest of the league & selfishly for the Sabres in terms of player protection.

I haven't followed it that closely though so I'm guessing a 2020 start wasn't possible with the arena etc ?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Was hoping for 2020 expansion both for the overall interest of the league & selfishly for the Sabres in terms of player protection.

I haven't followed it that closely though so I'm guessing a 2020 start wasn't possible with the arena etc ?
Yeah, they’re just breaking ground on the arena and it would be a big rush job to get it ready for 2020. The extra year allows the team to get it done right.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

5. Buffalo Sabres (17-8-4)

Total points: 141
Last week: No. 4
Hit:
Jack Eichel has 15 points (three goals, 12 assists) in 11 games since Nov. 16.
Miss: The Sabres have lost four in a row (0-2-2) since winning 10 straight from Nov. 8-27.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Something I dont understand that would help expansion teams. Let them draft a year early at the end of the 2nd through 7th rounds. I would hope that teams have some semblance of a front office by that point and it would fix one of the biggest hurdles for a new team which is lack of a pipeline. Even if the new GM has no scouting and takes the top guy currently on ISS list it still helps. The guys drafted are going back to Jr anyway so it's not like the plays development is going to be hurt.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Something I dont understand that would help expansion teams. Let them draft a year early at the end of the 2nd through 7th rounds. I would hope that teams have some semblance of a front office by that point and it would fix one of the biggest hurdles for a new team which is lack of a pipeline. The guys drafted are going back to Jr anyway so it's not like the plays development is going to be hurt.
I can speculate that the NHLPA would have some things to say about drafted potential NHL players not having an actual NHL team to play for in the 2020 season. Sebastian Aho played 22 games for the Islanders as a 5th rounder last year, it's not unheard of for guys to just be ready early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad