Around the NHL - 2016/17 Stretch Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
"...Ribeiro’s first team of choice to be traded to would be the Montreal Canadiens"

It really hurts my feelings that he doesn't want to come back to the desert.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Why are they trying to get rid of him?

He's an aging vet who has slowed down and only put up 4 goals.

If we had a guy like that on our team I'm sure we would do the same thing. :sarcasm:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
The fact that Claude Julien gets fired and Dave Tippett still has a job is beyond my comprehension. Not saying he'd want to come to Arizona anyway.

Our standard of acceptable coaching is much lower then theirs apparently.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The fact that Claude Julien gets fired and Dave Tippett still has a job is beyond my comprehension. Not saying he'd want to come to Arizona anyway.

A major hockey market with a poor team, scape goat is the coach. This is the GM blaming the coach to keep his own job. This was a dumb move. Julien is a good coach and that team is not under performing based on the talent level.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Coaches are all but interchangeable to you. Why would this be a bad move? "Coaches all use 95% of the same system", and "it's just on the players to execute". Literally no coach should ever be held accountable under those truisms, and ironically, no coach firing would be a bad move. Wayne Gretzky wasn't a bad coach. The players just didn't execute. Wayne Gretzky used the same system as 95% of all coaches. All coaches play favourites with ice time, not just Wayne Gretzky. Of course, TGO had a better win % than Tippett the past years, so ...

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Well, the only thing mentioned regarding Julien and the Bruins is that not everyone was considered to be on the same page within the organization, per ESPN. Same reason as to why Maloney was canned. That is the one area that Tippett doesn't need to worry about...

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
A major hockey market with a poor team, scape goat is the coach. This is the GM blaming the coach to keep his own job. This was a dumb move. Julien is a good coach and that team is not under performing based on the talent level.

It's the under performing that will get a coach nine times out of ten.

Thank goodness we don't have that problem. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It's the under performing that will get a coach nine times out of ten.

Thank goodness we don't have that problem. [MOD]

Fire the equipment manager!!!! There. I feel better now.

Last edited by a moderator:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
cookie_monster_waiting.gif

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Coaches that have been fired who have made the playoffs more recently than Dave Tippett
Claude Julian
Jack Capuano
Gerard Gallant
Bruce Boudreau
Randy Carlyle
Bob Hartley
Todd Richards
Mike Yeo
Alain Vigneault
Paul MacLean
Todd McLellan
Mike Johnston
Craig Berube
Adam Oates

Coaches who have been fired that made the playoffs the same year as Dave Tippett
Barry Trotz
Peter Laviolette
Peter DeBoer
Kevin Dineen

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Just heard from a Canadien friend of mine that media and coaches are laying into Galchenyuk. He is a afraid Montreal will drive him away.

Do we want him? What do we give up for him?

Is Hanzal and our first enough? Probably not.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Montreal's center situation minus Galchenyuk is a tire fire so I doubt he's available. Probably a lot of media going crazy over nothing. But then again they traded Subban so who the hell knows what's going on up there.

Sure I'd love to have Galchenyuk though. Value wise, Domi + ?.
Wouldn't be worth it because Domi is cheap for one more year where as Galchenyuk is an RFA this summer. The only other piece we have worth that area is our 1st this year. Straight up I'd think about it but that's probably low value wise from the Coyotes and Montreal would rather have a now asset anyway.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I doubt he's available but I'd do that in a heartbeat. He's a 1C.

Odd that the Habs seem to want to move him back to the wing.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just heard from a Canadien friend of mine that media and coaches are laying into Galchenyuk. He is a afraid Montreal will drive him away.

Do we want him? What do we give up for him?

Is Hanzal and our first enough? Probably not.

Montreal's center situation minus Galchenyuk is a tire fire so I doubt he's available. Probably a lot of media going crazy over nothing. But then again they traded Subban so who the hell knows what's going on up there.

Sure I'd love to have Galchenyuk though. Value wise, Domi + ?.
Wouldn't be worth it because Domi is cheap for one more year where as Galchenyuk is an RFA this summer. The only other piece we have worth that area is our 1st this year. Straight up I'd think about it but that's probably low value wise from the Coyotes and Montreal would rather have a now asset anyway.

I doubt he's available but I'd do that in a heartbeat. He's a 1C.

Odd that the Habs seem to want to move him back to the wing.

Strome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad