Around the NHL - 2016/17 Stretch Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I really don't have a problem with this (so long as it doesn't become commonplace), linesemen **** me off, always have.... many of them need to get over themselves and do their damn jobs!

Ten games? Fine, that's needs to be done... move on.. message sent.

It's not like it was some newb rookie, it was a guy most would least expect it of.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Who is Brian Froese? Unless he's a high end prospect seems like we got much better value for Hanzal, but we also retained and included white and a 4th.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Who is Brian Froese? Unless he's a high end prospect seems like we got much better value for Hanzal, but we also retained and included white and a 4th.

Tampa have very specific constraints (cap, bonuses etc) and they are doing their thing step by step. Very focused work, quite impressive in a way.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I like Boyle quite a bit, but he's not as valuable Marty Hanzal as a player/rental. Unsurprising that he didn't bring as much.
He was a beast in Manchester. I thought for the first few years he'd take the next step at this level for LA. Never happened. Still a very useful player, imo.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm not sure if the Leafs are going to make the playoffs but if I'm a GM going to that grind I'd put more stock in the proven Boyle than the maybe Hanzal. And depending how your lineup looks Boyle might be a better fit overall.
I like Boyle quite a bit, but he's not as valuable Marty Hanzal as a player/rental. Unsurprising that he didn't bring as much.
He was a beast in Manchester. I thought for the first few years he'd take the next step at this level for LA. Never happened. Still a very useful player, imo.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

When healthy I agree completely, but isn't Boyle more reliable? It's been so hard to nail down Hanzal's value because of health.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Tootoo and Roszival extended a year, expansion fodder or are the 'Hawks just happy with them as cheap veteran presence?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
People need to stop comparing prospects to Kane. Watching him now on NBCSports, he's amazing and really incomparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->