Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Would have preferred Guerendo who went right after us to San Fran. I really like Davis' ability to catch the ball. All three backs are dangerous receivers if it's Cook, Ty, and Davis. Also has a pretty harrowing/inspiring upbringing and gets high character grades.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
He's definitely more of a power back than speedster, but my concern is more the heavy mileage. Whatever, all those RBs were the same to me. Someone that can take a beating and get tough yards.

Agree with the bolded, I think there will be good RBs available into the 6th round. I still think there were better value picks available at edge, IOL, and CB that made much more sense at that spot.

Why are we grabbing a 3rd string RB when there are so many question marks at edge where we balance the snap counts so much?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
He's definitely more of a power back than speedster, but my concern is more the heavy mileage. Whatever, all those RBs were the same to me. Someone that can take a beating and get tough yards.
I think the mileage is less of an issue if you approach RBs with the knowledge that you're unlikely to offer them a 2nd contract to begin with. Maybe deflates the draft value a little more, but if you're only looking for 4 years of value from them, whether they fall of a cliff after 5 doesn't matter as much.

Reactions: Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Why does Ray Davis look like hes 40 years old

Agree with the bolded, I think there will be good RBs available into the 6th round. I still think there were better value picks available at edge, IOL, and CB that made much more sense at that spot.

Why are we grabbing a 3rd string RB when there are so many question marks at edge where we balance the snap counts so much?
I imagine they see the Lat 3rd down pass blocking role as an essential part of the offense and worth investment.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
So KC just drafted the player I wanted for the Bills with the pick they got from the Bills in the Worthy trade. Awesome.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Why does Ray Davis look like hes 40 years old

I imagine they see the Lat 3rd down pass blocking role as an essential part of the offense and worth investment.

He'll turn 25 during this season :laugh:

Damn, he is old.

• Haha
Reactions: Husko

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
oh gosh I hate this draft. Everybody the Bills are chasing is killing it.

San Fran, with 2 all pro WRs and an all world Rb and an all world TE have double dipped at WR. The Bills are like, “nah, just take a 30 year old running back.”

Reactions: whiplash

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

San Fran, with 2 all pro WRs and an all world Rb and an all world TE have double dipped at WR. The Bills are like, “nah, just take a 30 year old running back.”
The bills did take a WR and have 4 picks imminently coming up

Eagles already having an extra 3, 4, and 5 next year just from trade backs makes me so agitated. Shouldn't be that easy. Idiots everywhere.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Agreed. Not a fan at all of the guys theyve drafted since their first two picks +not a fan of their strategy. Perhaps the bust rate between 4th and 5th round guys isn't worth trading up for?

Beane deserves the benefit of the doubt, though, and Im no where close to an expert on these guys. I read up on them after we draft them, then form an opinion.

Let's hope he can find his Milano in the 5th round.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Alright I’m goin to breathe. This draft is about adding leadership. It’s about reinforcing the culture. They lost talent, but ever more so, they lost leadership. I have to chill out. The most important part of the draft process is the interview.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Bills with 2 of the next 5 picks. Some guys I liked:

Austin Booker (Edge)
Kris Abrams-Draine (CB)
Malik Washington (WR)
Curtis Jacobs (LB)
Cedric Johnson (Edge)
Mohamed Kamara (Edge)
Javon Solomon (Edge)
Christian Mahogany (IOL)
Jarvis Brownlee Jr (CB)
Beaux Limmer (IOL)
MJ Devonshire (CB)
Kalen King (CB)

Can I speak Limmer and Johnson into existence here?

Alright I’m goin to breathe. This draft is about adding leadership. It’s about reinforcing the culture. They lost talent, but ever more so, they lost leadership. I have to chill out. The most important part of the draft process is the interview.

The other thing that bears remembering - as long as we have Josh Allen the other teams in the division are behind us regardless of who they draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad