Around the NHL - 2016/17 Stretch Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, I'm surprised the breaking point wasn't watching them lose in a shoot out to the hapless Arizona Coyotes.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Jack Capuano fired from NY Islanders. Islanders are 17-17-8 right now. Last season they were 45-27-10. Two years ago? 47-28-7.

Apparently, the leash for poor performance is TITANICALLY shorter in New York than it is here.

Ask any New Yorker. It's a given that the leash is shorter in the Big Apple.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Ask any New Yorker. It's a given that the leash is shorter in the Big Apple.

I'll take Capuano, if he's willing. I believe his strategies are a bit more open than our own and he knows how to somewhat deal with youngsters/offensive-minded players.

I think the coyotes' Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations should be calling Capuano with an offer for a head coach position.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
For the fans (and maybe a few players) it will FEEL like winning the Stanley Cup...

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So Gartner and Hull both happened to suit up for the Coyotes and are on the NHL's silly top 100 list, so we have that going for us.

And of course Datsyuk and Pronger :snide:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Don't be surprised if Treliving is our President of Hockey Ops next year. Chayka as the GM but Treliving as a defacto AGM with a more than normal amount of input.

I think Burke will promote Don Maloney to the GM role in Calgary.

Combine that with a whole new coaching staff and I'm a very happy guy.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Don't be surprised if Treliving is our President of Hockey Ops next year. Chayka as the GM but Treliving as a defacto AGM with a more than normal amount of input.

Combine that with a whole new coaching staff and I'm a very happy guy.

That would be awesome.

Smitty's full ice shot was amazing, skills comp was fun in general. The nhl has really done well with the skills comp and as long as this year is close to as good as last year the actual all star game too. The pro bowl on the other hand, woof.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Why do you think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad