Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I hope Pavelski is okay, one of the few SJS players I like.

Having said that, it was most likely not a 5 min penalty.

Having said that, VGK can NOT allow 4 goals on a 5 min penalty.

Yeesh....

I've been watching this series a lot since it started. I thought it might be one of the better series to watch, and it hasn't disappointed.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I've been watching this series a lot since it started. I thought it might be one of the better series to watch, and it hasn't disappointed.

I hope SJS win this game. Then I can finally be okay with Vegas winning since they will have some misery in their history.

Hard cheering for a team that make thr finals in year 1 and is exempt from the expansion draft.

Reactions: DanM

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I hope SJS win this game. Then I can finally be okay with Vegas winning since they will have some misery in their history.

Hard cheering for a team that make thr finals in year 1 and is exempt from the expansion draft.

Ya, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks win it this year. They been in the hunt for awhile.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Wow

Two teams playing like they want to win game 7 (SJS & VGK)

What a concept

GO SHARKS GO

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Watching this Vegas vs Sharks game...it's almost like a different sport compared to Leafs Boston.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Great goal to end it. Barclay Goodrow with the game, OT and series winner. Brampton Battalion represent!

Glad to see Vegas out. Not that I hate them, but that would have been too much success for an expansion team.

Reactions: Al14

member 262271

One of the few positive storylines of this playoffs, well done Sharks.

Reactions: Al14

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Just saw the highlights of the SJ game...How was that a 5 minutes major?

Shouldn’t have been a major but to give up 4 PP goals in 5 mins is pretty bad. How do you let that happen?

Sharks are lucky Babcock isn’t their coach or their top guys would have played like 2 mins on that 5 min PP.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Shouldn’t have been a major but to give up 4 PP goals in 5 mins is pretty bad. How do you let that happen?

Sharks are lucky Babcock isn’t their coach or their top guys would have played like 2 mins on that 5 min PP.

Yea, Vegas basically had a 2013 Leaf-like collapse last night.

No one would laugh at those guys though, as they just had a ridiculously deep run the previous year.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That 5 minute penalty call was a disaster. Neither ref or linesmen saw it yet they called it. Were they scared? How did they make that call when there was no infraction?

Still, you can’t give up 4 goals on one PP.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Hey Leafs land . I just wanted too say you guys have a Great team and this series easily could of been the finals match up and could of gone either way. There isn't much separating these two-teams except for maybe the bruins experience in game sevens.

Keep your heads up, because you guys have some great young talent, and the sky is the limit and your time will come shortly, and more often than not in the next 5-8 years. I have a feeling this soon will be a distant memory,as you guys have a great core started to win some championships down the road.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Anyone watching the second round and beyond? I'll be watching right through to the final. Lots of new teams through will be very exciting.

Absolutely. I'm a hockey fan first so I will always watch even if the Leafs are out. Never understood the folks who rarely watch when their favourite team isn't playing. They are missing out on some exciting hockey.

Looking forward to the two West series more than the East, but obviously want the Jackets to destroy the Bruins lol

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Pesce with a Jake-like turnover in front of his crease for a Washington goal.

Has anyone followed this series closely? How have Canes dmen looked in this series - Pesce in particular?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Pesce with a Jake-like turnover in front of his crease for a Washington goal.

Has anyone followed this series closely? How have Canes dmen looked in this series - Pesce in particular?
He was in the corner, but it was a bad turnover.

Carolina D hasn't looked great, Pesce and Hamilton have both really struggled at times. Hamilton pulled off a puck he thought was icing in Game 5 that made any Nylander GIF looked like he was leading his troops to battle.

Reactions: Kurtz

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Anyone watching the second round and beyond? I'll be watching right through to the final. Lots of new teams through will be very exciting.

I have a vacation in mid-May but I will before and after. The only time I truly swore off hockey was the 2013 collapse. That was so brutal I couldn't stomach more hockey. This year while we still had a shitty ending wasn't as traumatic.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Speak of the devil, there's a brutal Hamilton play there to make it 2-0.

Caps loving the stretch pass this series too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad