Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
While I would like to see Carolina upset Washington and a part of me wants my whole bracket to go 0/8, the reality is that Washington is now the best bet to stop the Islanders and Bruins from coming out of the East. Columbus could potentially but Boston played them well in the regular season, not that that mattered for Tampa Bay.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
He was in the corner, but it was a bad turnover.

Carolina D hasn't looked great, Pesce and Hamilton have both really struggled at times. Hamilton pulled off a puck he thought was icing in Game 5 that made any Nylander GIF looked like he was leading his troops to battle.

Oh yeah, that Hamilton play...Hamilton makes Gards look like Derian Hatcher. I really really hope that if we deal Kapanen to Carolina in the offseason, Hamilton is not the guy we take back.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
While I would like to see Carolina upset Washington and a part of me wants my whole bracket to go 0/8, the reality is that Washington is now the best bet to stop the Islanders and Bruins from coming out of the East. Columbus could potentially but Boston played them well in the regular season, not that that mattered for Tampa Bay.
I want to see good hockey and Washington is the best team left in the East. Upsets are fun, but Carolina - NYI would be a nightmare to watch. Boston - Columbus isn't going to be much better, but both of them are more talented than the Metro teams

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Oh yeah, that Hamilton play...Hamilton makes Gards look like Derian Hatcher. I really really hope that if we deal Kapanen to Carolina in the offseason, Hamilton is not the guy we take back.
He'd crumble here under the pressure.

Reactions: Kurtz

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I want to see good hockey and Washington is the best team left in the East. Upsets are fun, but Carolina - NYI would be a nightmare to watch. Boston - Columbus isn't going to be much better, but both of them are more talented than the Metro teams

Agree with the first part, but I think CBJ vs Boston will be a bloodbath and quite a spectacle. I expect CBJ to prevail largely because they have the best PK in the league, but that series will not fail to entertain imo.

Reactions: Devonator

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Agree with the first part, but I think CBJ vs Boston will be a bloodbath and quite a spectacle. I expect CBJ to prevail largely because they have the best PK in the league, but that series will not fail to entertain imo.
You could be right, the Jackets are the team the B's think they are IMO. If it gets really nasty and the B's try to be tough guys I think it can be interesting, but the B's best shot is for Marchand's line to get hot, so it's in their best interest to stay out of the piles. Otherwise I think they'll be embarassed physically and chasing games.

Reactions: Kurtz

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Great game between Caps and Hurricanes. Both these teams are really good and definitely better than the Leafs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They just showed a list of players for each team that have scored playoff OT winners....Ovie has 0 in 37 games. Hard to believe

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's interesting how open the ice seems to look in Washington as well as how these teams are playing in such straight lines with speed. When the Bruins clogged things up and forced the Leafs to go wide they really negated a lot of the speed in the game. Also you have to earn that open space by having the guts to actually go into high traffic areas, keep the passes short, make sure there's support. That's how speed and skill works. Not dangle snipe backhand no look drop passes.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Carolina doesn't panic with the puck at all. Even when there's like scoring chance by Washington, Carolina players stay so calm with the puck and never really throw the puck away

So calm and comfortable with the puck and looks so much in sync

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Washington had a powerplay in double OT. They played their number one unit for 45 seconds, then called a timeout so they could rest and play the rest of the powerplay.

What a novel concept. Playing your #1 unit for the entire man advantage in an elimination game? Makes sense to me. Who wouldn't play their number one unit for as long as possible? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad