Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Flames looked like a decent team for half of game 1 and 10 minutes of game 4. Avs have thoroughly dominated them otherwise

So glad they are getting schooled. Hopefully the Avs pour it on

Up 4-1 in elimination game at the tail end of the 2nd period...I would say they ARE pouring it on!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lucky f***ing Avs. Wish we got to play against Mike Smith in the playoffs. Free points for everyone.

Even Connor Brown would have a couple goals.

Reactions: Superstar

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Both #1 seeds about to get eliminated in the 1st round. Don't think i've ever seen that one before.

Wasn't even like it was close either. One was swept, the other in 5.

Even funnier is multiple number 2 seeds could be gone as well. Winnipeg, Boston, San Jose... Islanders may be the only ones who make it through. Even better is ALL number 1 seeds could be out. Nashville and Washington are getting it from Dallas and Carolina respectively.

I said it yesterday, the Islanders may be the only higher ranked seed to make it past the first round this year. Otherwise, it was all of the teams without home ice advantage.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Lucky ****ing Avs. Wish we got to play against Mike Smith in the playoffs. Free points for everyone.

Mike Smith is like their best player in this series. He's the only reason why they've ever looked like they could have had a chance in that series.

Calgary's defense is just atrocious.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Lucky ****ing Avs. Wish we got to play against Mike Smith in the playoffs. Free points for everyone.

Not sure if serious. Avs have destroyed the Flames in every aspect possible. Scoring chances galore for the Avs and the Flames simply had no answer

Mike Smith was the least of their worries.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Feel bad for the Flames. They need their big stars to show up and they didn't.

Hopefully Jets get knocked off, caps get knocked off and the predators get knocked off. Make these playoffs interesting.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Mike Smith is like their best player in this series. He's the only reason why they've ever looked like they could have had a chance in that series.

Calgary's defense is just atrocious.

No it is by far the deepest and best in the league.

I live here and hear that almost every morning on the way to work.

Avs destroyed them, and Gaudreau and Monahan were irrelevant.

And I believe they've put a search party out for Tkachuk.

Interesting that he got away with more in the regular season and was just a punk in the playoffs. Thanks Kadri!

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
No it is by far the deepest and best in the league.

I live here and hear that almost every morning on the way to work.

Avs destroyed them, and Gaudreau and Monahan were irrelevant.

And I believe they've put a search party out for Tkachuk.

Interesting that he got away with more in the regular season and was just a punk in the playoffs. Thanks Kadri!

I meant in the series. I would say the same thing about Tampa's offense in the playoffs, and clearly they had no troubles scoring in the regular season.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I still think our destiny is to play the Islanders this year.
The Hockey Gods demand it.

Hence we beat Boston and Columbus.

Hockey gods would let the Isles win as retribution for Tavares' betrayal though.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I'm so jealous of Detroit getting Yzerman. This is where he puts to bed the notion he needed Tampa's taxes and weather. He's great at his job which sucks for the Leafs as he's now in our division.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Good riddance, Calgary!!!

Just need the Jets to take a lap and all will be good.

It's as good as done now with 10 minutes to go, Blues up 3-0 and being outshot 34-11. Well it looks like the Leafs are the only Canadian team left. I remember that thread about rating which Canadian team will be the first to win the cup, the only answers I remember were Winnipeg and Calgary.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This is probably Maurice's last game as head coach of the Jets.

He's not their biggest problem.

Their D is very slow and not very good at transitioning the puck either with their feet or passing.

They have a very good forward core but their D is massively overrated.

I know many on this board would love our team to be built more like them but now two years in a row they've been taken out by a quicker team (St Louis has gotten faster this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad