Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Man, been waiting for ever for a Carolina v Columbus Eastern Conference Final.... said no one.... ever.

I'd much rather CAR win than NYI though, even if they are a bunch'a'jerks.

Still think BOS can beat CLB but they need to pick it up.
Don't mind CLB, but Carolina bores me

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Carolina has McBackup and Mr. Game 7.

We have Marleau and Sparks... LOL.

Dubas knows better, right? Overrode Babcock's desire to keep McBackup and forces Sparks down his throat. Carolina doesn't even make the playoffs without McBackup.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Dubas knows better, right? Overrode Babcock's desire to keep McBackup and forces Sparks down his throat. Carolina doesn't even make the playoffs without McBackup.

Typical leaf luck. We sign a career loser in Marleau (respectable stats but never won anything) and go with the goalie we used to tank for Matthews as our backup.

Canes sign Mr. Game 7 and conn smythe winner Justin Williams as their leader “vet”. Game winner tonight and assisted the game 7 OT winner against Washington. They then pickup Mcbackup who was solid for us, and made that massive 1 timer save on Crosby to clinch us a playoff spot in Matthews’ rookie year.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Dubas has been eating lots of crow for that decision. Wonder if he is also losing sleep over not dealing Nylander for a Canes' RHD+ before being taken to the woodshed by Willie.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
McElhinney getting a ring would be just great. Another kick in the nuts from the hockey Gods to Leafs Nation.

Why?
Did you want him to play Boston?

If Andy got hurt and sparks blew game 7 sure. But come on. MAC was irrelevant to our season. We had home ice against Boston and lost game 6.

There is nothing that would have changed that. Other than Mac leading us to a 63 win season

Reactions: Metroid and IBeL34f

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Dubas has been eating lots of crow for that decision. Wonder if he is also losing sleep over not dealing Nylander for a Canes' RHD+ before being taken to the woodshed by Willie.

The one who just scored in his own net? Really?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Whewwww look at that DAL rink lighting. Shadows pulse flicker when the do slow motion. Man is that even legit lol. Pop some of that shady LED lighting flickering at the opponents end lol, poor tender.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The way Islander fans treated JT in his return? I’m very much a believer of the Hockey Gods, it was classless and disgusting, as a result they’re going to get bounced.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Why?
Did you want him to play Boston?

If Andy got hurt and sparks blew game 7 sure. But come on. MAC was irrelevant to our season. We had home ice against Boston and lost game 6.

There is nothing that would have changed that. Other than Mac leading us to a 63 win season
I liked McElhinney, but the amount of crying over a backup is insane.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
The way Islander fans treated JT in his return? I’m very much a believer of the Hockey Gods, it was classless and disgusting, as a result they’re going to get bounced.
They're pissed that they didn't get anything for him, mostly their GMs fault though. Give him a deadline and then if he hasn't signed, you sell him prior to the deadline. GM 101 stuff.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If that were true, don't you think they would have been bounced in the 1st round? Not only bounced, but, trounced too.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
They're pissed that they didn't get anything for him, mostly their GMs fault though. Give him a deadline and then if he hasn't signed, you sell him prior to the deadline. GM 101 stuff.

No trade, like we gave Matthews in Y5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad