Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
had we won vs the bruins, we would've played the jackets in the 2nd round. then if we had beaten the jackets we would've played the isles or canes to make the stanley cup finals
looooooooooooool leafs really fcking blew it.
FIRE BABCOCK

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Every wildcard team moves on. Craziest 1st round i've ever witnessed.

Insanity. These playoffs are the most wide open I've ever seen. And we won't be able to take advantage of it. Unbelievable. Disheartening. Shameful.

Bad year to win a division apparently!

Ya, wild playoffs. Should be interesting though.

Kudos to the Canes though. They came back from 2-0 and 3-1 deficits in this game. Kind of what they did throughout.

Reactions: Buds17

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Cans totally outplayed Caps in both OT periods, dominated them and it was only matter of time I thought. And then they put them away. They overcame two goals deficits twice! What an effort!
All divisions winners are out in first round. That was opportunity Leafs totally missed.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Crazy first round but outside of cbj/bos, none of the other series look that good. Sj/avs might be good too.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hurricanes just eliminated the Stanley Cup Champions.

It is rather embarrassing how horrible the Maple Leafs are. Hurricanes don't have Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander, and they made it past the 1st round. NY Islanders don't have Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Nylander, and they made it past the 1st round.

Are we ever going to perform anything meaningful with Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Nylander?

There are 8 other playoff teams now that are doing just fine without Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Nylander...​
they might not have all of the above players, but they have a ton of heart, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Canes with a first time head coach playing to win takes game 7 on the road in OT to advance.

We fail 3 years in a row with a loser head coach that hasn’t got passed the first round in 8 of his last 9 series. It’s time to be bold and go with Keefe. Also get rid of game 7 chokers like Andersen and Gardiner, and bring in beauties that can perform in game 7 like Williams.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
yeah I'm sure the dozen or so Canes die-hards are celebrating right now.

That's how the cosmos works. When you are interested she will ditch you like that girl you always dreamed about. When you are not interested at all she always comes around and wants to mate.

Reactions: Ratboy
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
had we won vs the bruins, we would've played the jackets in the 2nd round. then if we had beaten the jackets we would've played the isles or canes to make the stanley cup finals
looooooooooooool leafs really fcking blew it.
FIRE BABCOCK

Cans totally outplayed Caps in both OT periods, dominated them and it was only matter of time I thought. And then they put them away. They overcame two goals deficits twice! What an effort!
All divisions winners are out in first round. That was opportunity Leafs totally missed.

There's a reason why those division winners have been eliminated. It's not like CBJ, CAR, and NYI are bottom feeders either. The difficulty would not have changed either way.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
ah excuses..............

Hey man, I’ll give the players plenty of flak. Their effort in games 5 and 6 were uninspiring to say the least. That doesn’t change the fact that this coaching staff ran a historically bad PK, a bad PP, and refused to play it’s best players when they were needed most.

Everyone in the organization deserves blame for this seasons failure. Some more than others, but no one is exempt.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Meh. I mean. We were literally the only non favorites in the series to go out.

Imagine how Tampa. Jets. Nash. Flames and Vegas fans feel.

Only one team wins every year. Getting to the finals doesn’t matter. Ask Nashville and Vegas.

If anything it shows anything can happen with parity. Just get in and see.

The only thing that bugs me is that all of our best trade partners are advancing. They won’t give up RHD.

St. Louis, canes, Columbus, sharks has potential trade targets.

Now that’s disappointing

Reactions: leburn98

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I posted this in yesterday’s Postgame thread, but now that Carolina has won the list grows.

With the Carolina winning, Leafs now get to watch the Sharks (Marleau’s former team), Islanders (Tavares’ former team), Bozak, Martin, Komarov, Polak, McElhinney, McKegg, and Lamoriello move on to round two and maybe beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad