WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
You're not missing anything. He's been talking about ending the career in Brynäs which means at least Nicklas is hopeful.

Also, Bäckis has always been slow on the skates but managing anyway. So he's not becoming much worse with age.

But anyway, not on my team. Hip is problematic to say the least. Just not ready to be forgotten, though.
I did not know that. I hope it works out. Sad to see it end.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
This is a good year to win the group (assuming we can somehow steal a point from France tomorrow). I feel there's a clear separation between Canada, Czechia and Switzerland and the rest of group A. Finland always puts up a good fight of course, and Austria has surprised a lot of people, but right now the odds are clearly in our favor against those two teams.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
This is a good year to win the group (assuming we can somehow steal a point from France tomorrow). I feel there's a clear separation between Canada, Czechia and Switzerland and the rest of group A. Finland always puts up a good fight of course, and Austria has surprised a lot of people, but right now the odds are clearly in our favor against those two teams.
I will not feel safe in a QF against Finland without Friberg playing. Will never forget that JVM win against Finland for as long as I live.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
For those who forgot:

Context: Went on to win gold against Russia in finals. Swedens second gold ever in the tournament. First gold was in 1981. Drought has persisted after that.

Crazy to think it's been 12 years already.

Last edited:

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
For those who forgot:

Context: Went on to win gold against Russia in finals. Swedens second gold ever in the tournament. First gold was in 1981. Drought has persisted after that.

Crazy to think it's been 12 years already.

Semis though?
I remember the final when Russia decided to bench Vasilievsky for Makarov was a talking point and then Makarov went on to make 57 saves.

Reactions: Slimmy

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, Grundström has been pretty useless in this tournament. I've really liked him the last two tournaments, but this year he is just a non-factor
Just constantly mishandling the puck, lacks timing on the forecheck, gets stuck on the ice for way too long shifts.. almost all the things he’s supposed to do well and has done well in the past is just awol. I know the puckhandling has never been great but it’s getting to the point that he has more f*** ups with the puck than normal ”puckhandling sequences”. Something honestly seems wrong.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
What are the lines today and who is starting?
We’ll know about an hour before the game. But since Hallam announced that Gus is the #1 goaltender for the elimination games, they either wanna give Wallstedt a game before that or they just give Gus some extra time to get to know the defense

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Seeing as we have nothing to play for stat-wise tonight, I'd like to see the first line blown up to get Kempe going. We should also try different PP formations since it's been a disaster so far.

Reactions: erikhamren

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Seeing as we have nothing to play for stat-wise tonight, I'd like to see the first line blown up to get Kempe going. We should also try different PP formations since it's been a disaster so far.
They are.. they’re putting Dahlin with Hedman on the first PP just had to get a second defenseman in there.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Dahlin heating up. Still expecting much more from all members of the former top line. Need to generate better plays than vs Finland, or we'll hear again about how a goalie stands on their head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad