Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
I also too think its the Bruins year.

Also why to peeps keep bringing, "former players got past the 1st rd, but we didn't" I hate that. WTF!

Like they would've helped us achieve our goals.

What did Lou do the last two years? I say just keep building around the core. BUILD and YOU WILL SEE RESULTS.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I also too think its the Bruins year.

Also why to peeps keep bringing, "former players got past the 1st rd, but we didn't" I hate that. WTF!

Like they would've helped us achieve our goals.

What did Lou do the last two years? I say just keep building around the core. BUILD and YOU WILL SEE RESULTS.

The x-Leafs escaped, so congrats to them for getting to a better team.

But yes, Leafs have to keep making changes on and off the ice.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Greg McKegg is a NHLer eh? Looks like his skating has got better since he left the Leafs.

He didn't play much in game 7...got thrown in OT for some shifts, so one of the freshest guys on the ice.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
He was in the corner, but it was a bad turnover.

Carolina D hasn't looked great, Pesce and Hamilton have both really struggled at times. Hamilton pulled off a puck he thought was icing in Game 5 that made any Nylander GIF looked like he was leading his troops to battle.

Agreed on the Hamilton part. Specifically.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Wow.

We could have strolled our way to the cup

All the weak ass teams won

They ain't so weak if they beat the strong teams...we're one of the weak teams this year if you think about it. Though I do agree it was a big missed opportunity. I hope our young guys become angry and despise losing from these experiences, so they approach every game they play like it's their last one.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I posted this in yesterday’s Postgame thread, but now that Carolina has won the list grows.

With the Carolina winning, Leafs now get to watch the Sharks (Marleau’s former team), Islanders (Tavares’ former team), Bozak, Martin, Komarov, Polak, McElhinney, McKegg, and Lamoriello move on to round two and maybe beyond.

You do realize you could do this with pretty much any team right?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This post-season is chaos. And as one of the most conniving men in fiction once said, "Chaos is a ladder." One of these underdog outta nowhere teams could potentially hoist Lord Stanley, the typical team left is Boston.

The rest of these playoffs will be interesting viewing, that's for sure.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Carolina hadn't been in the playoffs for 10 years and they still won a series before the Leafs.

The Canes have had 7 series wins since the Leafs won theirs.

Seven.

And you can't make things up about Justin Williams, he is a true warrior when it comes to the playoffs.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Wake up to see another upset occurred last night. But at least something something gud pros, knees touch the kitchen table and so on.

Reactions: Pi

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Hey man, I’ll give the players plenty of flak. Their effort in games 5 and 6 were uninspiring to say the least. That doesn’t change the fact that this coaching staff ran a historically bad PK, a bad PP, and refused to play it’s best players when they were needed most.

Everyone in the organization deserves blame for this seasons failure. Some more than others, but no one is exempt.
coach aside, if the players played up to their potential they would have won this series that's the true narrative. Might be time to move on from Babcock, but without the players giving their all, I don't expect a different outcome.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
coach aside, if the players played up to their potential they would have won this series that's the true narrative. Might be time to move on from Babcock, but without the players giving their all, I don't expect a different outcome.
If Babcock stays, this should be his last kick at the can. Lack of playoff success next year = goodbye.

Look at all the contenders in the league. How many times did they change coaches? It's year 5 of Babcock. The shelf life might be getting close.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If Babcock stays, this should be his last kick at the can. Lack of playoff success next year = goodbye.

Look at all the contenders in the league. How many times did they change coaches? It's year 5 of Babcock. The shelf life might be getting close.
I'm not opposed to changing coaches, I'm just saying don't expect a different result if the players don't put in a much better effort.

Reactions: Trapper

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm not opposed to changing coaches, I'm just saying don't expect a different result if the players don't put in a much better effort.
It's process of elimination.
Some people don't want to put a higher onus on the "elite" players and new GM.
That's fine.
Where do you start?
Coach. Step 1.
Surrounding depth. Step 2.
Now you have eliminated all the easy to blame things.

Then top end player review and finally GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad