Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Wasn’t a big fan of his when he was a Leaf, but this After Hours interview by Dion shows him in a new and different life. Excellent interview thus far.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

Perfect example of how much leadership matters. Every team/group/organization/gathering has leaders, like it or not. If they're callous, damaged and possessed by revenge/power, they create a horrible environment. If they're stable empathetic human beings, they just allow others to flourish or fail based on their own abilities. The worst excuse of all time is "I had to do this as well".

3 20 year olds on that Sarnia Sting team: Aaron Power, Tyler Hanchuck and former Leafs' prospect Kris Newbury.

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I kinda want at least one other player from our stars' draft class to outproduce them. It creates a ceiling for their demands.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Perfect example of how much leadership matters. Every team/group/organization/gathering has leaders, like it or not. If they're callous, damaged and possessed by revenge/power, they create a horrible environment. If they're stable empathetic human beings, they just allow others to flourish or fail based on their own abilities. The worst excuse of all time is "I had to do this as well".

3 20 year olds on that Sarnia Sting team: Aaron Power, Tyler Hanchuck and former Leafs' prospect Kris Newbury.

Absolutely. I think it can be great to have fun and have the rooks do something a little wacky at a team function but to be beaten mentally and physically is just plain stupid.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Absolutely. I think it can be great to have fun and have the rooks do something a little wacky at a team function but to be beaten mentally and physically is just plain stupid.

Hazing and rookie initiations are literally one of the stupidest rituals imaginable. This machoistic mentally needs to be kicked aside for good once and for all.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hazing and rookie initiations are literally one of the stupidest rituals imaginable. This machoistic mentally needs to be kicked aside for good once and for all.

My son’s baseball team had some real fun things for the freshmen, but it only lasted a few days or hours and at the end they’d point some good things they bring to the team and really raise them up.
The coaches were trying to raise men and not hooligans.

member 262271

Unfortunately, bullying is a huge part of hockey culture, I hope it's changed a bit since I was a kid.

member 262271

Why are the Jets going to overpay Laine and Connor but the Leafs are going to be giving all their players fair-value deals?
Perhaps a way to justify the 5 goals, I dunno? Aside from the Wheeler contract the jets have shown they don't overpay.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Unfortunately, bullying is a huge part of hockey culture, I hope it's changed a bit since I was a kid.

I don't know how much lineage we can draw to it, but the St. Michael's College incidents should show how beyond ridiculous the whole mentality is. And any of those involved or those "old school" types who believe rookies should go through something like this to become part of the team should be ashamed of themselves.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

I gave a like to his post because there can be all sorts of initiation rituals/events that aren't criminal or tramatizing or mean.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Wasn’t a big fan of his when he was a Leaf, but this After Hours interview by Dion shows him in a new and different life. Excellent interview thus far.
I’d almost be tempted to call up LA and see if they’d be looking to move him. It was never so much about the player as it was about the cap hit and captaincy.
He could come back and slide into that top 4 role we need. Him and Rielly would be great together and with Ottawa retaining a bit on him already he’s much more manageable at~5m. Maybe you can get LA to retain a bit too.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Preds and Ducks are having a good old fashioned hockey game.... Manson ragdolling the Preds.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hartman faked dropping his gloves when challenged to a fight and I wished Manson would have busted him right in face, to put an end to that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad