Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Some interesting gambles all around. Strome has looked to be heading down the bust road, but maybe getting out of Arizona will do him good. It’s an opportunity for him. Being a top 3 pick will give him a few chances to get it going at the NHL level.

Not surprising that both Arizona and Chicago are trying to shake things up. Room to earn some playoff spots if either team can get it going.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
21 yr old winger who's cheap and brings the element of physicality that we dont have?

We wont be able to afford Brown from next season anyways. He's most likely gonna be a cap casualty
Being physical is great if you aren't a terrible hockey player. No thanks. I'd rather move Brown for picks and let our scouts work.

Bring up Grundstrom or Marchment of you want that physical winger.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Buffalo has finally turned a corner and Montreal is playing like Vegas did last year.

Boston being hurt helps, but honestly this could be a tight race between second wild card and first.

I mean right now the only thing that separates the two is what ? 8 points?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

I would jump all over Edmonton if they'd move him for scraps but RW is stacked already once Nylander comes back so he wouldn't get much ice here either.

Kappy said he wanted to try LW to give himself more of an opportunity so if we got Puljujarvi, maybe shift him to LW with Matthews and Nylander, Puljujarvi takes a spot with Kadri and Marleau.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
does John Shannon think this was a one game tryout for poolparty, dumbass tweet if you ask me!

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
44 of Nick Schmaltz' 63 points last 2 seasons involved either Patrick Kane or Alex Dibrincat. Can anyone say "showcasing"? My guess is that Schmaltz is not nearly what he appears to be and neither Perlini or Strome are nearly what they're going to be.

As for Crouse, I wouldn't give up a roster player for him (other than Holl). He's a project who will be waiver eligible next fall. It's questionable whether he's any better than Matt Martin right now. I'd only trade a "meh" prospect for him straight up then demote him to the Marlies to work on his game.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The issues with Jesse Puljujarvi are less about how he's being handled than on him busting. It's not like he's lighting up the AHL either.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
I hope Dylan Strome turns out to be a great player, but this reinforces my happiness that we drafted Marner instead. He's been a major part of the team's quick turn around. Something it doesn't look like Strome would have contributed to.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I hope Dylan Strome turns out to be a great player, but this reinforces my happiness that we drafted Marner instead. He's been a major part of the team's quick turn around. Something it doesn't look like Strome would have contributed to.
It wasn't instead, Strome was already gone.
They wouldn't have taken him anyway.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It wasn't instead, Strome was already gone.
They wouldn't have taken him anyway.

Yeah, if ARI took Marner we likely take Hanifin or Werenski like Babcock wanted.

There’s a reason Dubas was talking to CBJ about trading down, and then when ARI took Strome never called them back to get their answer (which CBJ was going to say no or negotiate anyway, but point stands).

It was Marner or one of the D-men for us.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Alzner on waivers. Ouch

Was a terrible signing for a 5 or 6 defensemen. Defensive D at the age of 30 rarely works out. A few posters and even "analyst" thought the Leafs should go after him - i didnt want to touch that player or contract at all. I just dont get how GMs could be so stupid every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad