Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I was looking at points leaders at NHL com and thought this was interesting, 20 point guys this season from the draft by year

• 2 from 2016
  • 8 from 2015 ~ Marner draft
  • 3 from 2014
  • 4 from 2013
  • 1 from 2012
  • 4 from 2011
  • 5 from 2010
  • 4 from 2009
  • 3 from 2008
  • 2 from 2007
  • 4 from 2006

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
4 coaches have been fired with Bozak on the team.
Coach killer

Last edited:

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
'Snowshoes' (part 2). Too bad. Good player, great guy.
Sadly, kind of past his prime when we got him in 78. But can you imagine making this trade today? A former 40 goal scorer (Erroll Thompson,) 2 1sts (78, 80) and a 2nd (78) for basically a 3rd line tough guy (Dan Maloney) and a 2nd (78)? Highway robbery...today. But back then toughness more highly prized...and draft picks not so much. Still, this has Harold Ballard written all over it.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I remember him really putting a beating on Brian Glennie, he was not to be fooled with.

Reactions: ACC1224

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
one thing for sure that will happen in Edmonton. there is no way hitch plays McDavid over 20 minutes a game. and connor better start back checking and learning the defensive aspects of the game or he's gonna be hitches whipping boy. hes a throw back coach that expects his players to play the full length of the ice. short shifts. he has no problems calling out the stars goaltenders or anyone that's in need of a lashing

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
one thing for sure that will happen in Edmonton. there is no way hitch plays McDavid over 20 minutes a game. and connor better start back checking and learning the defensive aspects of the game or he's gonna be hitches whipping boy. hes a throw back coach that expects his players to play the full length of the ice. short shifts. he has no problems calling out the stars goaltenders or anyone that's in need of a lashing

If Hitch wants to coach beyond this season, he better learn that McDavid liking him is very important.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Just watching the Oilers vs Sharks game rn and saw the sharks PP, it's so obvious what makes the Leafs powerplay so dangerous and that's Marner.

Marner's curl and drag off the wall while accelerating is something that he does so much better than anyone I've really seen and it opens up so much space. It allows the Leafs to run that multi option system.

Even Karlsson, who's an unreal skater, doesn't do it like Marns.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Leafs fan: makes an on topic but negative point
Oilers fans: **** you Leafs suck
Leafs fan: no they don't
everyone: wow Leafs fans turn everything into a Leafs thread

you really have to laugh at this point. Oilers fans are the most insecure people on the planet, although I get where they're coming from
This says alot about the society we live in

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

eanyills

Aug 7, 2015
Buffalo has won six in a row and right behind the Leafs.

Yet look at their pitiful roster....things are going to change big-time.

I don’t think Buffalo’s roster is that bad at all.

Skinner - Eichel - Pominville is respectable. They could upgrade Pominville but he’s meshed well.

Sheary - Mittelstadt - Reinhart is an OK second line. Mittelstadt is still learning the NHL game but he looks like a great #2C in the making.

Their third line sucks. Fourth line is a pretty good grinder line.

I like their top-3 D, McCabe, Risto, and Dahlin. They need some work there but they’re only a year removed from being the worst team in the league.

Hutton was a really nice signing for the Sabres. By no means an all star but he’s underrated. Ullmark is their future in net, anyway. Hutton is just the bridge.

If you look at metrics, the Sabres are literally average. For everything, completely in the middle. I expect a little regression but expect to see them in the playoffs this year and beyond.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I don’t think Buffalo’s roster is that bad at all.

Skinner - Eichel - Pominville is respectable. They could upgrade Pominville but he’s meshed well.

Sheary - Mittelstadt - Reinhart is an OK second line. Mittelstadt is still learning the NHL game but he looks like a great #2C in the making.

Their third line sucks. Fourth line is a pretty good grinder line.

I like their top-3 D, McCabe, Risto, and Dahlin. They need some work there but they’re only a year removed from being the worst team in the league.

Hutton was a really nice signing for the Sabres. By no means an all star but he’s underrated. Ullmark is their future in net, anyway. Hutton is just the bridge.

If you look at metrics, the Sabres are literally average. For everything, completely in the middle. I expect a little regression but expect to see them in the playoffs this year and beyond.

Do you really see players like Pominville and Skinner to sustain their current pace? I see a couple guys on that roster playing over their heads right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad