Around the league: Playoffs III | No Canadian Teams Left in Playoffs...and nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Have always found San Jose to get favourable calls. That 5 minute penalty is one of the worst calls I've ever witnessed. Yes Vegas shouldn't have let in 4 goals in a 5min major, but that possibility should never have existed.

MacKinnon is gonna make Burns his *****.

Does anyone have any content with the Canucks MAKAVELI guy? He used to have a video on YouTube criticizing the awful officiating in the Canucks-Sharks WCQF a few years ago but it's gone now.

It's incredible how often the calls go SJ's way.

Reactions: Luongos Knob

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t know why people feel bad for Vegas if that had happened to the canucks not one fan base or commentator would have thought the call was wrong. You guys are saps. I wish nothing but evil on the other franchises. Every one of them.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I don’t know why people feel bad for Vegas if that had happened to the canucks not one fan base or commentator would have thought the call was wrong. You guys are saps. I wish nothing but evil on the other franchises.

I’ve got no sympathy for Vegas. This is their 2nd year in existence and they have such a great team already. They’ll have plenty of chances to win. THEIR FANS HAVE NEVER EVEN EXPERIENCED MISSING THE PLAYOFFS! Hard to feel sorry for them.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
This isn't a 1 ref deal, a match/major penalty has to be discussed with all 4 officials. I actually think that match/major penalties should be able to be reviewed by the refs on the ice like a goal review with the iPad.

Sure it's easy to see from a top down optimal view (best angle in the whole stadium to see play) that it's barely a penalty, especially played back in slow motion. However, as a ref you don't get to see over players and you have a 1 time chance of catching the play. The call on the ice is wrong, but that's a hard call to make.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Anyone brave enough to try to predict the 2nd round?

SJ vs COL

DAL vs STL

BOS vs CBJ

NYI vs CARWASH

With the teams left I’m ok with anyone except Boston winning. Would like to see NYI win to see the reaction in Toronto.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Anyone brave enough to try to predict the 2nd round?

SJ vs COL

DAL vs STL

BOS vs CBJ

NYI vs CARWASH

With the teams left I’m ok with anyone except Boston winning. Would like to see NYI win to see the reaction in Toronto.

SJS > COL in 6
STL > DAL in 5
------
SJS>STL in 7

CBJ >BOS in 5
CAR>NYI in 7
------
CBJ>CAR in 4

CBJ wins the cup vs SJS in 6

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Does anyone have any content with the Canucks MAKAVELI guy? He used to have a video on YouTube criticizing the awful officiating in the Canucks-Sharks WCQF a few years ago but it's gone now.

It's incredible how often the calls go SJ's way.

I remember Tim Donaghy, the NBA official who was at the center of a huge NBA officiating scandal, disclosed in his book that the head official for the Phoenix Suns vs San Antonio Spurs series (1) hated the Suns owner Robert Sarver and (2) loved spending time in San Antonio. As a result, the guy whose name escaped my mind had a strong bias when calling the game.

In an ideal world, officiating over a large sample should reflect some level of objectiveness, but it's a game called by people, so there's always going to be bias, whether it's for or against certain players, the owners, the management, and/or even little things like the city itself.

Reactions: Jyrki21

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that was a missed call not a malicious call. that's part of hockey, like a bad bounce or hitting the linesman with a clearance.

what san jose did with the opportunity was epic. kudos to vegas for the rally that followed. too bad it ended up in a next goal wins situation.

not sure what happened to patches in that game. he was brutal in the third and into ot. serious case of the yips.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
You’re right. Refs had zero to do with the outcome of that game. My bad.

Great post.
Did I say that?
It was a dreadful call, but Vegas deserves shit also for letting in 4 goals on that PP.
It's not even remotely debatable

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Ya because those are clearly the only two options ...
Exactly, jesus

Everybody who watched the game knows the call was horseshit, does not mean the ref threw 4 pucks through fleury.
Vegas let 4 f***ing goals in on that PP, 4!
That's lunacy

member 290103

Did I say that?
It was a dreadful call, but Vegas deserves **** also for letting in 4 goals on that PP.
It's not even remotely debatable

Sure they do, but let’s not downplay the severity of the erroneous call. San Jose had nothing up to that point.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
That 3rd was crazy entertaining. Gained a lot of respect for that sharks team. The emotion during the penalty was epic and what playoff hockey is all about. Hope Pavelski is okay...that looked brutal.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Sure they do, but let’s not downplay the severity of the erroneous call. San Jose had nothing up to that point.
So you are basically telling me that's an excuse for Vegas?
They let in 4 goals with 10 minutes remaining on the same PP.
Momentum is real, I believe that, but 4 goals? come on
They can use the Ref as a scapegoat all they want, and the refs deserve to be shit on big time.
But in no way shape or form can they put the blame solely on them, no chance.

member 290103

So you are basically telling me that's an excuse for Vegas?
They let in 4 goals with 10 minutes remaining on the same PP.
Momentum is real, I believe that, but 4 goals? come on

Yes, that’s what I am telling you. If the refs did their jobs, Vegas wins. I’ll agree that bad bounces, bad calls, etc are a part of hockey, but a major penalty that was completely unwarranted in a game where the team going to the PP had no life at all....it’s just a bit of a turning point no?

You can sit there and lay blame on Vegas for their collapse but let’s not be totally obtuse here and not properly identify the precipitating event that led to it.

Reactions: racerjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad