Around the league: Playoffs III | No Canadian Teams Left in Playoffs...and nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Holland is an excellent executive. Good hire, far better than what the oilers have had in the upstairs offices.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’ve never cared for Dallas and their top two players are massive tools. Plus they already won a cup they shouldn’t have.

Yup. Benn and Seguin can screw right off. Their completely unprovoked, ridiculous, homophobic slurs about the Twins has forever soured me on them.

Count me as another who wouldn’t watch a Boston/Dallas final. Worst possible outcome.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
That's not the question.

I'll take Benning in year six over Holland in year one. Benning will be gone in 9 months.

We’ve been saying that Benning will be gone for how many years now?

At present, he is leading the Canucks and Holland is set to head the Oilers. I know which one I would prefer... without question.

I can’t imagine EDM fans looking over at VAN and thinking there is a better management situation here.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
We’ve been saying that Benning will be gone for how many years now?

At present, he is leading the Canucks and Holland is set to head the Oilers. I know which one I would prefer... without question.

I can’t imagine EDM fans looking over at VAN and thinking there is a better management situation here.

One?

I expected Benning to be fired four months ago. I am still confident it will happen within nine or so. That's a much better situation than having that moron Bob Nicholson hiring his hockey Canada buddies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yup. Benn and Seguin can screw right off. Their completely unprovoked, ridiculous, homophobic slurs about the Twins has forever soured me on them.

Modanno, Smith, Turco, Belfour, Hull, Klemm....Dallas has had a lot of questionable people play for them.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
One?

I expected Benning to be fired four months ago. I am still confident it will happen within nine or so. That's a much better situation than having that moron Bob Nicholson hiring his hockey Canada buddies.

It’s not better or worse until we know how the replacement operates, or has operated.

Right now, I would take EDM’s situation over VAN’s own. We know that Holland is better than Benning. We don’t know how long Benning is here and we don’t know the competency of his potential replacement even if he’s not here.

Edit: The nepotism is almost besides the point so long as it stumbles into a better manager.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It’s not better or worse until we know how the replacement operates, or has operated.

Right now, I would take EDM’s situation over VAN’s own. We know that Holland is better than Benning. We don’t know how long Benning is here and we don’t know the competency of his potential replacement even if he’s not here.

Edit: The nepotism is almost besides the point so long as it stumbles into a better manager.

Holland is 64 years old; he's been out of touch for a decade. Benning is a moron but we seem to be nearing the end of his stupidity. I don't really care who is "better" I was just laughing at Edmonton continuing to perpetuate the same crap that has dogged them for the past 15 years.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Holland is 64 years old; he's been out of touch for a decade. Benning is a moron but we seem to be nearing the end of his stupidity. I don't really care who is "better" I was just laughing at Edmonton continuing to perpetuate the same crap that has dogged them for the past 15 years.

Think you have also weigh the odds that the Canucks end up with another moron, which I think are pretty high. That might tip it in Edmonton's favour.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

In recent years Holland has had his share of bad contracts, but once the Red Wings made the decision to rebuild he's done exactly what most of us want management to do, which is stockpile draft picks and prospects. If Holland is hired in Edmonton and is given complete autonomy I'm willing to bet the Oilers will be in a better situation than the Canucks within 2-3 years. Feel free to quote me on that when the time comes, really hoping I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad