Around the league: Playoffs III | No Canadian Teams Left in Playoffs...and nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Timo Meier is flying out there.. he could’ve ended it in OT a few times... so impressive

Meier was drafted 9th overall. We’re picking 10th this year. If we can get a player like Meier at 10 it would be so huge for us.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Ron Maclean is like the police commissioner who protects his officers that shoot unarmed people.

That's a horrible take.

Ron made a good point, his tone was bad though.

We also have to remember how many times we saw the replay of the play, while the refs only got one look at it.

It's easy to say it shouldn't have been 5 minutes when you get a chance to look at the replay multiple times.

Reactions: CanuckCity

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Also IMO if anyone should bear blame in the Toronto debacle, it's Babcock. He was stubborn, couldn't get his team to play the right way down the stretch, and didn't make adjustments.

I've respected him as a coach in the past but other than talking a lot of folksy **** I didn't see him do anything to help his team get ready for the playoffs. He also didn't manage his goaltending well IMO. I don't think Andersen can play 60 games a season and the playoffs as well. His good run with Anaheim he only played 55 games, and he was basically platooned with Gibson in the other season just before being traded to the Leafs.

He may have become a dinosaur before our eyes.

I feel like Babcock's always had dinosaur tendencies - he's just always had good enough rosters that they're not too blatantly obvious.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
No justice in this world. Hopefully theNHL takes a hard look at their reffing cause it’s atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad