Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
ESPN signed a 7-year deal for partial broadcast rights to the NHL. They have the rights to four Stanley Cup Finals through 2028.

More money in the pot (probably), which is nice. Unless NBC really pulls back.

As long as it doesn't change much of what the NHLNetwork does, it sounds good to me.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't have an Athletic subscription, do they speculate as to why they would void his contract? I would assume it would be to support the claim that he's unable to pay back his creditors and thus get his debt discharged?
From the linked article...
Why would Kane consider negating his lucrative contract? The creditor source said it is unclear, but given the emerging vitriol between the parties, Kane may want to deprive creditors of their main source of financial redress. Athlete bankruptcies are not uncommon, but the harsh friction already evident between Kane and the creditors is.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Don Granato is the new interim head coach of the Sabres. Would love for him to get their team rockin' (after they trade Eichel to us).

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Peel was horseshit, but it's not like bad reffing and game management is going to stop. Firing him just feels performative.

It is performative. He was retiring in a month. Their wording is especially crafty, in that it just says he won't be working NHL games. Not that he was fired or let go.

This is the equivalent of someone taking their un-used vacation days before their official retirement date. I'd bet good money that Peel's pension retirement date is still April 24th (or whatever was originally planned).

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Maybe won't stop it all together but sure as hell will make refs think twice before they start vigilanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad