Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Big Binnington was feeling feisty before he left the ice. Muffed a player by the bench. Jabed his blocker at a shark in the middle ice and then threw a shove on Dubs. Who says "get off the ice you're 165 pounds."

Lol oh boy

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Blichfield catches MacKinnon in the head on an attempted hit, gets match penalty, MacKinnon is out of the game. Colorado scores :14 into the 5 minute PP.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My fantasy team didn't need that.

I know most of this board hate the Avs, but I really hope MacKinnon is fine and returns next game. Sucks to lose your top players to injuries like that long term.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Johansen just got his 1st goal of the season, to go along with his 5 assists. 8M doesn't buy a lot these days.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

When can Guerin pull an injury out of mid-air to get out of Parise’s contract?

Congrats on a great career though, Seabs

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

When can Guerin pull an injury out of mid-air to get out of Parise’s contract?

Congrats on a great career though, Seabs

Misery-hobbling-scene-facebook.jpg

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Obviously sounds like crazy conspiracy theory ramblings and I'm sure these guys really do deserve the benefit of the doubt, they have serious medical conditions, and it's all verified the way they need to be, but the fact that the Chicago Blackhawks, who for years were at the top, how they became one of the top revenue generators in the NHL, and there were so many questions about how they could possibly deal with so many albatross contracts and were facing Salary Cap hell...somehow managed to:

1. Get cap relief from the 5.275m/year cap hit of Marian Hossa
2. Win a draft lottery to get in the top-3 of what is likely to end up being one of the top draft classes of the last few years
3. Get cap relief from the 6.875/year cap hit of Brent Seabrook
4. Currently looking at a cap relief of 10.5m/year cap hit of Jon Toews
5. Are now likely going to be starting a run of being a top team yet again, meaning their "rebuild" has been a grand total of...two years?

Like, come on.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Obviously sounds like crazy conspiracy theory ramblings and I'm sure these guys really do deserve the benefit of the doubt, they have serious medical conditions, and it's all verified the way they need to be, but the fact that the Chicago Blackhawks, who for years were at the top, how they became one of the top revenue generators in the NHL, and there were so many questions about how they could possibly deal with so many albatross contracts and were facing Salary Cap hell...somehow managed to:

2. Win a draft lottery to get in the top-3 of what is likely to end up being one of the top draft classes of the last few years
5. Are now likely going to be starting a run of being a top team yet again, meaning their "rebuild" has been a grand total of...two years?

Like, come on.

Yeah, it's getting old. I'd settle just for Kirby Dach at this point, without the cap relief.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I welcome this news, as it makes it a virtual certainty that Parise, with his back, will be able to get LTIR'ed at some point in the future. You can't allow Hossa's and Seabrook's LTIR, and not Parise's. I don't think he will be ready to go for quite a while, and who knows, he might have a resurgence, but he has a history of back problems going back years. At some point those around him might have to convince him that it's better to walk off into the sunset, rather than wheel off into the sunset.

Reactions: Devonator

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Like, come on.
The talk about Chicago being back might be premature. They are 7-11 against teams that aren’t the Red Wings

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Like, come on.

I kind of agree, though I'm not sure this rebuild is over. Still, I've given them a lot of benefit of the doubt, but they seem to be uncommonly lucky (the franchise, not the players). As these things keep adding up, you can't help but wonder.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Mark Pavelich passed away sometime late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
WTH is Vrana doing afterwards? What a jerk(s). If Blichfield got two games for his open ice, borderline hit, then Wilson should get one million games.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
WTH is Vrana doing afterwards? What a jerk(s). If Blichfield got two games for his open ice, borderline hit, then Wilson should get one million games.
Wilson checks a guy in the head. Vrana cross-checks said guy multiple times as he goes down. Ovechkin spears a guy in the nads. What a bunch of goons!

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Was surprised to see Kurtis Gabriel's name back in the NHL, now with the Sharks. 5 hits and a fight last night. Sounds about right.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Trocheck on pace for 46 goals and 78 points through the start of the year. You’ve gotta give that Carolina staff a ton of credit for what they’ve done for that organization. They’ve drafted extremely well of late, made savvy moves like Trocheck for spare parts, aquiring Hamilton, and turning Rask into Nino. I hope a few years from now I feel like Guerin and his staff have made a lot of the right moves at the right times.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was surprised to see Kurtis Gabriel's name back in the NHL, now with the Sharks. 5 hits and a fight last night. Sounds about right.
He fought Reaves and didn't get destroyed, which counts as a win.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
ESPN signed a 7-year deal for partial broadcast rights to the NHL. They have the rights to four Stanley Cup Finals through 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad