Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
The Avs will murder us.

I HATE them! I've always hated them. More than I hated the Canucks in 2003. That whole franchise can just burn in h-e-double hockey sticks.
We can beat the Avalanche. Just have to play smart. Much like the Black Hawks in their cup winning years, they will kill you in transition when you turn the puck over. Make them play in their own end. Pucks deep.

Reactions: 57special

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We can beat the Avalanche. Just have to play smart. Much like the Black Hawks in their cup winning years, they will kill you in transition when you turn the puck over. Make them play in their own end. Pucks deep.
Or... not to wish injury on anyone, but if the Avs were forced to have to rely on Dubnyk in the post season? They're toast.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that's where having Sturm playing a more prominent role, and Foligno back, will help. They have got to get on their mobile d ASAP and pound them. Same with JEE, Greenway. If you let them skate through the neutral zone they are deadly.

Oh, and in one game we played them, the Dmen took the two wingers camped out on the boards, and let JEE try to cover Mackinnon going full speed through the middle. Can we not do that again?

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
The Avs will murder us.

I HATE them! I've always hated them. More than I hated the Canucks in 2003. That whole franchise can just burn in h-e-double hockey sticks.

After we lost the North Stars, I became a Detroit Red Wings fan (and my 2 roommates and best friends both eventually became Avs fans. Ask me how fun that was living in that apartment. One was obsessed with Patricia Roy and the other just followed whatever the other guy did.). When we got an NHL team back in Minnesota, The Wings took a back seat to the Wild, but I still root for them as long as they're not playing the Wild. So I've had a borderline vicious hatred for that team [The Avs] and their garbage fanbase since about 1995. Which only intensified on March 26, 1997. F*** them.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought it was funny back when the Avs tried to intimidate us. They were so bad at it! If we can only get Kadri to go nuts and get kicked out again, or Landeskog.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I would have to think harder but I think that 2012 (?) Colorado series was my favorite Wild memory. I was such a diehard back then and I got so pissed when we lost those games with the offsides controversy. That game 3 was almost underrated...0-0 game goes to OT and Granlund scores that goal to make it a series again. Game 6 was so much fun. Then obviously Game 7. I remember how much I hated Landeskog, Johnson and Mackinnon. Roy changed those players into things that they weren't, especially Landeskog. He's changed so much since then in such a good way. I miss the Roy days because how much worse he made those players :laugh:

Reactions: 57special

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Roy was such a bad coach, and the Avs refused to admit it. Just think, they had Mackinnon, ROR, and Duchene as their C's. Duchene used to be scary good- it's amazing how he has fallen off.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I know they are better than they were back a few years ago but I get the same vibe as I did back then.

They can score but they can't stop pucks, we can potentially go goal for goal with them.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
nothing would be more satisfying then sending this Avs team, that every lauds as a potential cup favorite, to the golf course after the first round.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad