Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ghost has had a Shattenkirk type career regression, though he at least had the excuse of a major injury.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
NHL DoPS handling of the McDavid elbow on Kotkaniemi is even more proof that DoPS is a complete joke.

$5k fine for intentionally elbowing a guy in the face on what wasn't even an attempt at a hockey player vs. Carson Soucy getting suspended for charging where he accidentally caught the guys head at the end of the hit because he's a full foot taller.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wonder if this has any effect on Fletcher's plans or not. Surely he would have expected him to clear with some of the other contracts that have.
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what his expectation was here. I know there was chatter yesterday that they expected him to get claimed, but I'm not sure if that was actually based on anything. Expecting anyone to just take on $4m+ right now seems like a bad bet.

Having him clear waivers should make it easier to trade him though... or maybe sending him to the taxi squad is all the relief they need if they're just looking to add Bernier (assuming Detroit retains)? Dunno.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Fletcher on the hot seat already? Flyers are really underperforming. On paper, they have a lot of talent.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Is Fletcher on the hot seat already? Flyers are really underperforming. On paper, they have a lot of talent.
Never know, but you'd think the 88.6 save percentage would save him.

Probably not Fletcher's fault Carter Hart went from a .915 goalie to a .869.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kuznetsov on the 4th line for Washington

EDIT: I assumed Vrana was injured but he’s actually a healthy scratch

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I know it's not going to happen but I'd really love the wild to waiver claim Svechnikov. 1st round pick for free. It's likely he maneuvered this on his own being Detroit is a dumpster fire.

The upside watson. Think of the upside.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Schmaltz just had a nice play to Chychrun to tie the game late in the third. Would love to see him making those plays to Fiala or Brodin or someone.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Yeah, we were just laughing about this in the game thread, but it definitely belongs here too.

If I was the Avs, and felt Dubs could be an option to solve goaltending problems, I'd just rather put in a stock goalie cutout instead and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad