Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So how is the all-Canadian division going to work? I believe it's still a mandatory two-week quarantine going between the US and Canada, so is the idea that it will literally just be the Canadian teams playing each other all year? Or will they get their games against each other in early/late in the year, while the rest of the year they're on the road?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So how is the all-Canadian division going to work? I believe it's still a mandatory two-week quarantine going between the US and Canada, so is the idea that it will literally just be the Canadian teams playing each other all year? Or will they get their games against each other in early/late in the year, while the rest of the year they're on the road?

They'll only play each other.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I would bet the non-playoff team players are not happy about going to training camp earlier.
Didn't they argue in favor of this in the playoff bubble negotiation? Claiming their longer break than playoff teams would put them at a disadvantage?
Everybody did.
not quite, since the entire playoff bubble and all the games were in the summer.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Didn't they argue in favor of this in the playoff bubble negotiation? Claiming their longer break than playoff teams would put them at a disadvantage?
I think so, but I think that was under the impression that we were going to have a normal schedule.

I say that they might not be happy since they will have to go back when other teams get a little more time for a holidays. I think they wouldn't mind if this was October but now they have to train during new years. Not like they are going to have a massive rager for NYs though.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
And to think that it wasn't all that long ago that Tyler Graovac was considered one the few legitimate prospects the Wild had.

Last edited:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Slim are the margins that separate the could beens from the ares, in this age of top physical conditioning .

I grew up where they all smoked between periods and drank like fish, aka Slapshot, and talent was the divider.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
^ to piggy back off that Parrish's story led to a current allstar player who russo was completely surprised by reaching out thinks this is now going to be a huge wakeup call to the hockey and party hard life style.

According to the player it already was a big topic of discussion but this might have catapulted the topic to the spotlight.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Slim are the margins that separate the could beens from the ares, in this age of top physical conditioning .

I grew up where they all smoked between periods and drank like fish, aka Slapshot, and talent was the divider.

Denis Savard used to smoke between shifts DURING a period! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad