Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
You know they're going to go with dual X's made via hockey sticks... Maybe overlaying the State of Minnesota...
s-l400.jpg

I thought Minnesota did a great job with the all star logo and sweaters back in the day.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, Bergevin clearly wants a scoring winger with some size. 16th overall is nothing to turn your nose up at, but it's hard to say what's available out there.

Greenway :naughty:

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Greenway would be the type of player that they could use. MTL has talent, but no size up front at all. I am still curious to see how he works out for us, though.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Greenway would be the type of player that they could use. MTL has talent, but no size up front at all. I am still curious to see how he works out for us, though.
I'm on the fence for trading greenway if we got a reasonable offer. I'm pretty much at the point of

52% trading Greenway blows up in our face
48% we look like geniuses moving him before value drops.

I just think he should probably get .5-1 year to see if he can step up.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm on the fence for trading greenway if we got a reasonable offer. I'm pretty much at the point of

52% trading Greenway blows up in our face
48% we look like geniuses moving him before value drops.

I just think he should probably get .5-1 year to see if he can step up.
If we're trading another LW it should be Foligno. Good player for what he is, but I don't want any part of his next contract and Greenway can largely play the same role for less money.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Might as well. Guerin is getting good at losing trades
It’s because he learned from Jimmy Rutherford. These guys get hosed in trades all the time because they want to “make a good deal for both teams”

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
If we're trading another LW it should be Foligno. Good player for what he is, but I don't want any part of his next contract and Greenway can largely play the same role for less money.
Absolutely no way Greenway fills Folinos' role.

Greenway is just a really good laid back kid and doesn't have that "switch" to turn on and off like Folino has. He'll grab, push and pull but NO CHANCE will he be the guy that opponent has to answer to if they take liberties with his teammates.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Greenway is just a really good laid back kid and doesn't have that "switch" to turn on and off like Folino has. He'll grab, push and pull but NO CHANCE will he be the guy that opponent has to answer to if they take liberties with his teammates.
I mean... most of the time neither is Foligno.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It’s because he learned from Jimmy Rutherford. These guys get hosed in trades all the time because they want to “make a good deal for both teams”
There is the possibility that he just isn't any good at the job.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I mean... most of the time neither is Foligno.
I disagree.

Everyone around the league knows which players on each team are on the bench .....Reeves, Wilson, Oleksiak, etc

Folino definitely has the respect of the "tuff guys" in the league

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Greenway is already better than Foligno will ever be. Foligno isn't that guy for the Wild. Hartman is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad