Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
The name is alright. The logo is ok. The colors are sweet. In a few years when the introduce a 3rd jersey would love to see it in the middle blue color.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think they should've called them the Billionaires. Or something to do with hockey. Kraken is lame.

Good luck in Seattle, guys. Nice place. Not as rainy as people think...more cloudy and drizzly. Lots of things to do if you like the outdoors. I was big into ocean kayaking when I was there.

Traffic is a PITA for a moderate sized city. Make sure you figure out the traffic patterns before you lock into a place to live.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think Seattle would be a great place for Zuccarello, he'd become part of their leader group and maybe even their captain.
So Mats, perhaps you should waive that NMC and let them pick you up :nod:

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Seattle would be a great place for Zuccarello, he'd become part of their leader group and maybe even their captain.
So Mats, perhaps you should waive that NMC and let them pick you up :nod:
You think they’d take him in the draft if he waived?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
You think they’d take him in the draft if he waived?

I'd say there's a big chance, they need some experienced players and leaders too. I'm sure they're fully aware of his success in New York and that he was an alternate captain there, and a fan favorite.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I think they should've called them the Billionaires. Or something to do with hockey. Kraken is lame.

I would have preferred the Seattle Shanghai Surprise, but sadly both still fail to reference their own sport with the clinical sexiness of Washington Football Team.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd say there's a big chance, they need some experienced players and leaders too. I'm sure they're fully aware of his success in New York and that he was an alternate captain there, and a fan favorite.

You should suggest he waive then

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why does it always have to be names involving the sea? Why not the Seattle Grunge, or the Seattle Expressos? When they visit Detroit and they throw their Octopii on the ice, is Seattle going to throw a Kraken? What is their mascot going to look like?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why does it always have to be names involving the sea? Why not the Seattle Grunge, or the Seattle Expressos? When they visit Detroit and they throw their Octopii on the ice, is Seattle going to throw a Kraken? What is their mascot going to look like?

Because Grunge and "Expressos" are stupid ass names.

Have you taken a look recently at any of the mascots league wide? The Kings have a lion. The Avalanche have a dog. The Flyers have...Gritty. The Hurricanes have a pig. The Flames have a dog.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Throw a kraken? It's The kraken, a Norwegian sea monster. I don't think they should drag it to Detroit :laugh:

Want to learn about the beast? Kraken - Wikipedia

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Arizona Coyotes Statement
"John Chayka has quit as the General Manager and President of Hockey Operations of the Arizona Coyotes."

"The Club is disappointed in his actions and his timing as the Coyotes prepare to enter the NHL's hub city of Edmonton, where the team will begin post-season play for the first time since 2012. Chayka has chosen to quit on a strong and competitive team, a dedicated staff, and the Arizona Coyotes fans, the greatest fans in the NHL."

"The Club is moving forward and has named Steve Sullivan as Interim General Manager. He has the full support of the entire organization including team ownership, executive leadership, players, and coaches."

"The Club will have no further comment on the matter, as the Club remains focused on the opportunity to pursue a Stanley Cup."

Ed4HGDBXkAEw_w8

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They need the board mics volume turned up
The goal horn volume turned up
The simulated announcer calling who scored the goal and assists post goal turned up

The simulated crowd noise actually sounds good
The tarp over the seats looks good

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Honestly, that was WAYYYYY better than I thought it would be, to the point that I even ENJOY that sort of blocky covers of the seats and the large logos.

It's like, American Gladiators or something, some kind of 90's studio production, but in a good way. It's like they transported all the NHL teams to a remote Mortal Combat arena.

Props to the NHL.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Honestly, that was WAYYYYY better than I thought it would be, to the point that I even ENJOY that sort of blocky covers of the seats and the large logos.

It's like, American Gladiators or something, some kind of 90's studio production, but in a good way. It's like they transported all the NHL teams to a remote Mortal Combat arena.

Props to the NHL.
I thought it made it look like the winter classic usually does. Felt natural.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
@AKL what’s Keller’s deal? I feel like every time I watch him I’m disappointed but he’s got such a toolkit.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I still never understand why they chased Trotz out.

Cause they didn't want to pay him his $$$$ for bringing that team a Cup win, even though he was the only coach that even got close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad