Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Honestly think Mason Marchment could be more effective than Thornton right now.

Thornton has been very weak but on the other hand he looked really good in the beginning. Maybe there is a lingering injury there. I'm hoping that he gets his stride closer to the playoffs though.

The right hockey move may be to scratch but my heart says no to that. Tough business.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Thornton has been very weak but on the other hand he looked really good in the beginning. Maybe there is a lingering injury there. I'm hoping that he gets his stride closer to the playoffs though.

The right hockey move may be to scratch but my heart says no to that. Tough business.
If there is a lingering injury, Keefe should sit him, especially in the B2B. I mean it is not like Leafs need him on the 1st line and PP1 anyway :popcorn:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Honestly think Mason Marchment could be more effective than Thornton right now.
He’s regressed to his mean, after a very nice hot spurt.
I’m glad since those trade debates are tiresome.
I’m happy he’s in the league.
If the Leafs manage a trade for a top 9 winger, there’ll be a nice mix n match situation on the fourth line.

Reactions: stickty111

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Do players still have to be waived after the trade deadline? Can other teams still claimed waived players from other teams after the deadline?

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Ottawa just can't seem to get up against playing Edmonton. They just fall asleep. Edmonton 7-0 against Ottawa this season.

Sure enough, Ottawa's Stanley Cup is always against us.

Reactions: willmma

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
The situation in Vancouver is nowhere close to being resolved. Even if they are allowed to resume play on April 17th, it will likely be their AHL team.
You may be right. However, there is a rumour that NHL does not want to inconvenience Leafs' schedule. So, they will try to have Canucks play next Saturday.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Wheeler is out long term with a concussion, which opens up that North Division even more.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Sens give it up for the Oil again. They have no response to Connor and Drai except to bend over and submit to it.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Wheeler is out long term with a concussion, which opens up that North Division even more.

I thought they might add a D but there has been rumors the Jets are in on Hall so this might be a nudge for them.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like the idea of the Islanders trading big futures for their triumphant march to the second round. What’s the pick and prospect count for Pageau, Palmieri and Zajac over the past two seasons?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I like the idea of the Islanders trading big futures for their triumphant march to the second round. What’s the pick and prospect count for Pageau, Palmieri and Zajac over the past two seasons?

Lol. God anything the Islanders do that even remotely resembles success causes massive insecurity among many on this board. Never really seen anything quite like it.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

In case anyone does care:

2 1sts, 2 2nds, and a 4th for those three and Greene. They re-signed Pageau and Greene.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Lol. God anything the Islanders do that even remotely resembles success causes massive insecurity among many on this board. Never really seen anything quite like it.

I’m not an anti-Lou guy whatsoever. Pays a heavy price for certain things that you might not think is ideal but he builds a mean system team and is a Hall of Famer and champion many times over. And a guy who helped restore the Leafs as a legitimate team. But I do hate the Islanders with a passion going back to our 2002 series.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Ottawa just can't seem to get up against playing Edmonton. They just fall asleep. Edmonton 7-0 against Ottawa this season.

Sure enough, Ottawa's Stanley Cup is always against us.

I didn't realize their game was so early today. I was going to post and say there will be alot of high fives fingers points between McDrai. Sure enough, a hattrick for Drai and 4 points for McDavid. :laugh:

They really feast on Ottawa.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s really just a few but their redundancy makes it seem like there are ‘many’. Most here seem to have a reasonable view of Lou Lam/Dubas.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Button on McDavid: 'You're looking at the best player on the planet'

After feasting on Ottawa again.

He also called his 12 year kid "King of Swings" after he rocked the baby swing at the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad