Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
You are right. However, it said there were 14 cases in Canucks now

What says there are 14 cases? There are 14 on protocol list and that includes Boyd despite him not even having contact with the team yet because he’s still quarantining after his waiver claim.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Senators just slapped Montreal. If we can get on a streak and oilers and jets lose a couple games in a row. We can make some serious separation.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Just finished watching the Avs game. The way Makar gets the puck to the net for the winner from the point. I got so upset; we have no Ds who can do that........... :(

Reactions: jabubenice

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Canadiens just got wrecked by Ottawa tonight. I love the fact that North Division is so mercurially bad...

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Just finished watching the Avs game. The way Makar gets the puck to the net for the winner from the point. I got so upset; we have no Ds who can do that........... :(

What a spirited game. I don't know what it is about North division games, they don't seem up tempo like the ones other division
Burtosso was going to kill someone today, he had a good fight against Obrien.

All because someone touched their goalie

Reactions: PromisedLand

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

You are kidding right? That puck was going 6 feet wide. I think he was hoping to get it off of the back boards and out the other side for a tap in... Either that or he was just throwing a totally inaccurate desperation shot.

It deflected off of a stick, hit another guy, and went past Husso. It was about as lucky as Matthews' last OT goal.

Makar is one heck of an offensive defenseman though.

Makar’s the player we wanted Rielly to grow up to be.

I would say getting a quality #1 defenseman who can put up some of the best offensive numbers in the game right now without being a defensive liability is nothing to be complaining about. It's like complaining that you have a healthy Kris Letang instead of Erik Karlsson. Karlsson is better and won a bunch of Norris trophies, which could be within Makar's grasp, but I would definitely not be complaining about having Letang instead.

Especially since Letang has won 3 Cups and Karlsson has won 0.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What a spirited game. I don't know what it is about North division games, they don't seem up tempo like the ones other division
Burtosso was going to kill someone today, he had a good fight against Obrien.

All because someone touched their goalie

Watch any Calgary-Edmonton games?

Toronto-Montreal will probably heat up down the stretch too. We have another 6 games against them and it could be a preview for the playoffs. We haven't really played them enough for the blood to boil.

I don't really care as long as we play well, work hard, and we win. We are doing all of those things. We don't need to be getting into unnecessary fights and getting hurt or taking unnecessary penalties, which is almost certainly going to happen with our history with the refs this year.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
What says there are 14 cases? There are 14 on protocol list and that includes Boyd despite him not even having contact with the team yet because he’s still quarantining after his waiver claim.
More than half of Canucks' players have tested positive for COVID-19
More than half of Canucks' players have tested positive for COVID-19 - Sportsnet.ca

So, half of the players + 3 coaches + 1 taxi, it should be at least 14 cases.

I believed Boyd finished his quarantin, and he was in the building when the outbreak occurred (Monday or Tuesday)

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
More than half of Canucks' players have tested positive for COVID-19
More than half of Canucks' players have tested positive for COVID-19 - Sportsnet.ca

So, half of the players + 3 coaches + 1 taxi, it should be at least 14 cases.

I believed Boyd finished his quarantin, and he was in the building when the outbreak occurred (Monday or Tuesday)

I believe it is 16 players, plus whatever coaches and staff. Bad situation really. Including the talk by the panel, on the possibility that they might not play again this year. I hope that everyone recovers well and fully, of course hockey being secondary now.

Note, Vancouver board thread says 16 players, plus three coaches, and the assumption that everyone has been exposed, and is sick. It is also a Variant of concern, the Brazilian variant.

LeBrun: NHL operating under assumption that COVID-19 will go through entire Canucks team

So all of their games have been postponed, through to the end of next week... So to March 10th. They stated won't play hockey until then... which makes me wonder. These guys can't practise, can't do anything... so how do we expect a hockey team to perform, when up to half the players may have been sick, and everyone hasn't been on the ice for two weeks? If they 'only" miss next week, that will be six games postponed. If they can come back and play, and the league deems it important, they would end up having to go an extra week and a half at least, just to get the games in.

Last edited:

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021

Why is Boyd quarantining after his waiver claim? He went from a Canadian team to a Canadian team. This smells fishy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad