Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Lou came in and immediately gave us a level of respectability we were desperately lacking

He did the same for us, and Babcock too at least initially. And then it just became a bad mix, and Dubas was on his way up, and Babcock becoming the worst coach on the planet.

It's funny though, a few posters here seem to be bigger Lou/Isles fans than they are of the Leafs

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Signing Marleau was a good move, no question about that. Everybody knew it was for one year too long though. That was the problem.

I'm not a Lou hater, but that was a mistake. Signing Zaitsev to that big of a contract, after limited success was an issue too.
I think Lou said they thought the 3rd year might be an issue, but the deal was made to help develop the kids.... there are timelines and plans these GM`s use to figure out whats best for the team and who to sign. The team got really good a lot faster than anyone thought

Reactions: nuck

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Canucks fans have their pitchforks out here in BC (rightfully so). The incompetance is just next level. Not only do you have Pettersson and Hughes as RFA's, but now you cut into Horvat, Miller, and Boeser's exstension timeframe. I just cannot fathom how anyone could rationalize this signing.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
The anti-Lou and anti-Dubas sects on this board are both nauseating.

Both are rooting for someone to fail for reasons that have nothing to do with hockey. Very odd.
Yeah it’s kinda weird. I respect both. Good moves on each side. Some poor moves on each side as well. Cant knock what either are doing overall. Both teams are competing for the cup.

Reactions: Jmo89

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The anti-Lou and anti-Dubas sects on this board are both nauseating.

Both are rooting for someone to fail for reasons that have nothing to do with hockey. Very odd.
Lou is a legend and dubas is doing ok so far but he needs time

Reactions: The Cobra

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He did well, made some good moves and some mistakes. He isn't a legend for this team though.

for the record, I never claimed he was a Leaf legend but said he did well here

Developed the young stars well by surrounding them with experience and at the same time made this a top level team very quick

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
for the record, I never claimed he was a Leaf legend but said he did well here

Developed the young stars well by surrounding them with experience and at the same time made this a top level team very quick

Assigning any significant development of top prospects to signing a 37yo who contributed at a 3rd line level is pretty dubious, palm reading at best, and honestly a weird flag to wave when there were other, concrete things that he accomplished

The things Lou should be praised for were his RFA negotiations, which netted us some frankly awesome contracts -- Kadri @ $4.5M, Rielly @ $5M flat. Steals.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
LOilers getting outshot 38 to 22 and winning 2-1 against Ottawa.

Oilers are my preferred matchup in Round 1, they just don't have the depth, or D to compete. McDrai would be toast by game 3 or 4 playing 28 minutes a night.

No faith in Smith/Koskanen either.

Reactions: CocoaDrink
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad