Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Thornton + Galy/Vesey = 13gls, 35pts
Kapanen + Johnsson = 14gls, 38pts

yep those work too. Not bad.

heck even kadri vs kerfoot has been fairly close. Avs fans are losing their minds about kadri

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Thornton + Galy/Vesey = 13gls, 35pts
Kapanen + Johnsson = 14gls, 38pts

Johnsson has had an absolutely terrible year. Maybe if he's lucky, he'll be plucked up by Seattle, and get a fresh start. I really liked how he played for us, and disappointed to see him go, though it was expected due to cap. His contract is pretty buyout proof though, as I thought I'd take a look, and see if they did buy him out, maybe consider bringing him back at a much cheaper dollar value.

NJD would only get a $500k Salary relief the first two years, and a total of only $500k altogether over the buyout period, so obviously not going to happen.

Andreas Johnsson Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: uncleben

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Most people in the hockey community know that you need a combination of skill and grit to win in the NHL. Will be interesting to see what roster changes the Rangers make this offseason.

We could trade them Kerfoot...I mean, he did get suspended by Parros, so that's some much needed grit there. :sarcasm:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
With the NHL essentially declaring open season on its stars with the Wilson "punishment" I'm very glad we have Simmonds. That shit won't fly against us

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I'm hoping Demko or Holtby goes in beast mode tonight and completely shuts down the Oil.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Canucks are up 3-0 on oilers mid first period.

4-1 now

Edit: 4-0 Oily goal called back??

Edit: McJesus clearly interfered with Canuck defense on the PP and Drai scored. 4-1

Go Canucks!

Last edited:

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
When McDavid and Drai are hemmed into their own zone, they get scored on. When they are not on the ice, they almost certainly get scored on.

This teams all out attack play is not going to work in the post season. Star players of any calibre need to learn to adapt to playoff hockey, the hits, the dirty whacks and missed calls. Oilers fans are going to be in for a real surprise if they think one line will take them to a cup. Good on them for making it, I really do mean that. McDavid and Drai are amazing. Best of the NHL for sure, but you need more than 2 players. Washington, Tampa and Pittsburgh had to learn this.

Tampa
Colorado
Vegas
Boston
Pittsburgh
Islanders
Leafs
Carolina
Florida
St. Louis
Washington

Out of all these teams, I think the oilers would be hard pressed to even get the game to 6. Let alone 7, or even less likely, a series win.

These teams have playoff experience, veterans, some have cups, but they all have one thing that is horribly lacking on the oilers, and that is depth. No depth, no cups.

Reactions: CocoaDrink

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Parros will give Buchnevich at least a one game suspension and stick it to the Rangers, lol...Buch did leave his feet to get on top of Mantha's arms to deliver it.

What's lost in all this Tom Wilson drama is the fact that Pavel Buchnevich is a guy who likes running around a bit himself. Wilson is definitely a snap show, but I'm sure there's a reason why he was so hot under the collar to begin with before the initial scrum. Mantha isn't the first guy he's cross checked in the head.

Reactions: Superstar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad