Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Wild that with the way Vancouver is playing that they could actually finish behind Ottawa and last in the division. This is after Ottawa only won 2 games in their first 15 games in a 56 game season :laugh:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Woof. I tell ya, messing up a top 3 pick will cost ya as a franchise.

You have to feel bad for Jesperi Kotkaniemi. Not his fault the Habs picked him in the 3 spot ahead of better players. As a top 10-ish pick look at where guys like Barrett Hayton and Oliver Wahlstrom are.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
You have to feel bad for Jesperi Kotkaniemi. Not his fault the Habs picked him in the 3 spot ahead of better players. As a top 10-ish pick look at where guys like Barrett Hayton and Oliver Wahlstrom are.

They rushed him as well. They should’ve let him marinate a bit either in Europe or the AHL for a year. He still may not have compared to the likes of Tkachuk or Hughes but he’d be much better off regardless.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It still amazes me the physique of this man and the fact he's a professional hockey player

sure but that’s a media thing. Outward physical appearance has about nothing to do with performance.
UFC is the best example

Daniel Cormier. Anderson Silva Tim Sylvia chuck Liddell etc.

Also. He needs probably 50og and over 1000pts think

Reactions: uncleben

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
sure but that’s a media thing. Outward physical appearance has about nothing to do with performance.
UFC is the best example

Daniel Cormier. Anderson Silva Tim Sylvia chuck Liddell etc.

Also. He needs probably 50og and over 1000pts think

I think it's hard to compare combat sports to hockey.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It still amazes me the physique of this man and the fact he's a professional hockey player

He was always at the top of the Leafs in terms of conditioning. He was lazy defensively but I don't think there was any concern in terms of preparation for him, and I would say the fact he rarely gets injured is proof of that.

He never deserved the hate he received here. He should not be the #1 guy on any team, but he was a perfect core player for a team which had a really talented center or two, much like our team right now. I don't think many would complain if another Kessel were on the wing of a Matthews or Tavares right now.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Pittsburgh, Detroit, NY Rangers, Columbus, Anaheim, Buffalo, and Arizona play their last games of season today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad