Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I agree with you. Leaf nation would lose its mind.

But I also think that if his name wasn't Tom Wilson there would be no reaction to this whatsoever.

I saw Gardner get sucker-punched in the face by Chara. The response was a roughing penalty on JUST Gardiner. Not much was made of it other than the roughing call should be in reverse. So Wilson's punch is no big deal. And sorry, I know how much it sucks that Panarin is hurt it SUCKS. But people really do get thrown to the ice all of the time in scrums.

I agree that if this was a punishable crime, then Wilson should get a very long suspension based on his history. But I also don't think we should just invent crimes because of his past.

The fact that this happens frequently though seems more of a case to crack down on it more than let go just because it happens elsewhere

Reactions: ToneDog

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
If I’m the Rangers, I legit just dress as many goons as I can. Your season is over at this point. Just make a statement that if the league won’t do anything they’ll just take matters into their own hands.

As an aside, considering Parros smashed his head on the ice in that fight against Orr, you’d think he’d understand how dangerous guys flinging someone to the ice with no helmet really is.

Acesup

Nov 23, 2019
This is scarface, final scene, say hello to my little friend time if I was a Rangers fan. Dress every f***ing goon you have. Let Tom Wilson go, every skill player they have you go for the head and for the kill. I'd want f***ing blood.

Reactions: The Apologist

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

Parros didn’t want to suspend Wilson but was more than happy to throw the book at Naz two playoffs in a row.

Proves exactly what we all thought. Crooked officiating and a dirty DOPS. Gives me little hope for our players and a depth run in the playoffs.

Reactions: OddyOh

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
time to get rid of the tough guys running DOP. No reason for Parros, Shanny, Burke type of guys running it. These goons all stick up for the violence of the game as that is the way they played it. They only know that.

If you put skilled guys in that position you would see harsh suspensions and guys will understand it's no bullshit. Start handing out 10-20 gamers and you watch POS like Wilson change or never see the ice again.

If I was the Rangers I dress as many tough guys as you can and once Backstrom and Sprong are on the ice you attack them. Then find Ovie and run him and if you took a knee out oh well. Go after all their skilled guys. Once that is done and Wilson tries to retaliate you skate away or better yet just leave the ice and pull a Soviets vs the Flyers back in the 70's lol

Time for the Rangers to make a mockery of the game to drill home a point to the NHL and the NHL DOP. It's a joke and has been a joke for years.

Reactions: Stigma

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Wasn't Parros a really respected Enforcer at one point? Played the role the right way and didn't go after star players/players who didn't want to fight unless they went after his teams star players. Does getting a job with the league really change a man?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
First of all, we were all very upset about the knee to Campbell's head and that nothing came of it. It was not nothing.

But dude, this is worse than the knee to the back of Campbell's head.

Wilson tried to slam Panarin's head onto the ice, with no helmet.

If that head landed cleanly on the ice he could have killed him.
"People act like it's murder?" it's not outright murder, but it is attempted.

crosby just did even worse. He punches a guy in the back of the head.
Then grabs him by the head and starts smacking his head on the ice.

In the real world, that’s way worse than wrestling with someone

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
O’Dog has the same kind of tweet.

He also liked Ryan Whitney’s mocking video. Hockey culture is still so garbage in many regards.

ooooorrrrrr they are actually 100% right? Crosby was clearly worse than Wilson. Neither should get anything.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If I’m the Rangers, I legit just dress as many goons as I can. Your season is over at this point. Just make a statement that if the league won’t do anything they’ll just take matters into their own hands.

As an aside, considering Parros smashed his head on the ice in that fight against Orr, you’d think he’d understand how dangerous guys flinging someone to the ice with no helmet really is.

considering crosby lost years to concussion and whiplash problems. He should know better than to punch someone in the back of the head and smash his head on the ice

Reactions: The Apologist

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
crosby just did even worse. He punches a guy in the back of the head.
Then grabs him by the head and starts smacking his head on the ice.

In the real world, that’s way worse than wrestling with someone

Crosby is not as bad as Wilson...he didn't pull a guy's hair standing up and driving him to the ice...when someone yanks your hair hard to the ice, you can't help but go down...Wilson's punch to the back of Bushnevich's head is worse than what Crosby did to Konecny.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
In what universe?

ummmm the law?

i can tell you for 100% fact that 2 men struggling in a standing position and one throws the other guy down is 100% easier to defend then

Guy who gets on top of a man and grabs his head from behind and deliberately starts forcibly driving his head into the ground.

If this was
A bar every single lawyer would take wilsons case over Crosby’s. Controlling for injury/money etc.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
watching the Oilers vs Canucks, I completely get why people think the North division is garbage and production needs to have an asterisk. Not saying I agree, but I get it. Vancouver is barely a real opponent

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
It's f***ing laughable that a team would call for someone to get fired because they disagreed with a ruling. Shit didn't go your way too f***ing bad.

I disagree with the non-suspension too but FFS.

Can't wait to see what happens next time a Rangers player does something worthy of suspension. Hopefully the Rangers suspend their own player indefinitely

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
THE NEW YORK ISLANDERS LOST AN ACTUAL NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE GAME TO AN ECHL GOALTENDER​

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
ummmm the law?

i can tell you for 100% fact that 2 men struggling in a standing position and one throws the other guy down is 100% easier to defend then

Guy who gets on top of a man and grabs his head from behind and deliberately starts forcibly driving his head into the ground.

If this was
A bar every single lawyer would take wilsons case over Crosby’s. Controlling for injury/money etc.

Travis also has a helmet on, it's a bad look but Wilson is still worse. Lest we forget Wilson was driving the head of Buchnevich into the ice himself. Panarin is helmet-less. If he doesn't turn at the right time as Wilson whips him to the ice his skull is cracked open and God knows what happens after. There's zero chance of that happening with regards to what Crosby was doing to Konecny.

You're also leaving out that Konecny and Crosby were both on their knees struggling to start themselves, the way you describe it you make it sound like Crosby just climbed on top of him unprovoked and started wailing on him.

Reactions: willmma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad