Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Of all the things we have seen? That Wilson thing isn’t bag. I mean tkachuk threw ong back knees onto campbell. Nothing

tavares was dropped by chara. Nothing

I really didn’t think the Wilson thing was too bad at all.

Reactions: Throw More Waffles

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Of all the things we have seen? That Wilson thing isn’t bag. I mean tkachuk threw ong back knees onto campbell. Nothing

Aside from punching the back of someones head while they're on the ice, then pulling the hair of an opponent in an attempt to slam their head into the ice. Yeah Wilson's thing wasn't too bad.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Aside from punching the back of someones head while they're on the ice, then pulling the hair of an opponent in an attempt to slam their head into the ice. Yeah Wilson's thing wasn't too bad.

that happens tons in fights. Guys take extra shots.
Guys on the ground get punched in scrums all the time

the panarin thing guys get tossed around too.

Again. Tkachuk literally dropped a knee on the back of Campbell’s head. No one cared.

People act like it’s murder. It’s probably not even top 10 from this season.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Wilson is a repeat offender. What is it going to take for this idiot to smarten up ?? It sure isn't $5K.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Again. Tkachuk literally dropped a knee on the back of Campbell’s head. No one cared.

Imagine how Leaf nation would react if it was Matthews or Marner.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
For those who don't know: In the NHL, the officiating department and DOPS are under the thumb of the director of hockey ops.

-Paul Stewart former league official (on twitter, unverified but seems legit from other posts)

f***ing Colin Campbell!!!

Reactions: keonsbitterness

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

First of all, we were all very upset about the knee to Campbell's head and that nothing came of it. It was not nothing.

But dude, this is worse than the knee to the back of Campbell's head.

Wilson tried to slam Panarin's head onto the ice, with no helmet.

If that head landed cleanly on the ice he could have killed him.
"People act like it's murder?" it's not outright murder, but it is attempted.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Wilson is a repeat offender. What is it going to take for this idiot to smarten up ?? It sure isn't $5K.
Start penalizing the team with picks. Then the team itself looks after the player issues as they won’t wanna lose draft picks. That would be for more repeat offenders.

Reactions: ToneDog

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Statement
upload_2021-5-4_18-17-28.png

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Such a bizarre response from a guy who tried to fight Phil Kessel. That resulted in a 10 game suspension for Clarkson and a 4 game suspension for Phil, while he got nothing.

The Wilson stuff sucks, but it's not surprising. The League has slowly backed themselves into a corner and the Busch cheapshot didn't result in an injury, so they won't suspend. The rest of Wilson exploiting a poor scrum matchup and basically not treating the situation with any respect. That's gutless, but not suspendable.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Huge amount of respect for the Rangers for actually calling like they see it. Won't see change until more folks express displeasure with the status quo rather than just kiss up to the league.

That said, I fully expect the Rags to get fined more than Wilson did lol
It's a really smart play by them with their season about to end. Good time and situation for them to take a firm stance without potential repercussions outside a few dollars

Reactions: Menzinger

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Like that time Wingers elbowed Marner in the head and Kadri's response took him out for 3 games?

Panarin is out for the season. That is my point. I'd gladly take 3 games if I was a Rangers fan to see someone hand it to Wilson but no way am I happy that Panarin is out for the season.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Worth noting that the Rangers are not on the NHL Executive Committee, despite being the league's most valuable franchise.

Part of the reason for that is that their ownership has always been willing to stand up for their interests. I really wish the Leafs would do the same.

This franchise has quietly put up with so much crap from the officials/league over the past five years.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

I agree with you. Fancy that.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Kadri got the playoffs for what was essentially a boarding call.
This ^^

Player making a split sec decision gets suspended. This imho should be classified as assault.

All the bad hits, bordings and heat of the moment cross-checks can be seen as a result of players competitiveness. Trying to slam helmless player head first on the ice? You can't just demand the same suspension.

Anyone feeling its too harsh, take your skates, find the nearest ring and try to fall helmless head first.. Without Wilson on your back or pushing your had down :) ice> concrete, as far as stiffness or dmg you'll receive goes.

Reactions: CocoaDrink

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Imagine how Leaf nation would react if it was Matthews or Marner.
I agree with you. Leaf nation would lose its mind.

But I also think that if his name wasn't Tom Wilson there would be no reaction to this whatsoever.

I saw Gardner get sucker-punched in the face by Chara. The response was a roughing penalty on JUST Gardiner. Not much was made of it other than the roughing call should be in reverse. So Wilson's punch is no big deal. And sorry, I know how much it sucks that Panarin is hurt it SUCKS. But people really do get thrown to the ice all of the time in scrums.

I agree that if this was a punishable crime, then Wilson should get a very long suspension based on his history. But I also don't think we should just invent crimes because of his past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->