Around the League - Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The league clearly hasn't dealt with this appropriately, so street justice is the proper recourse at this point. Rangers need to find the most violent goon next season and bring him up for one game.

They play again Thursday. I don't believe in Street Justice, but then the League doesn't believe in player safety, or appropriate punishment, so there isn't an option. This needs to be dealt with on Thursday.

Reactions: Stigma

great

Apr 14, 2018
DOPS is run by guy that’s been hit in the head too much. I don’t think you trust those people to make decisions. Obviously they can’t think straight

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
May have to setup a go fund me page for Wilson. How is he ever gonna afford such a stiff fine. I’m sure he won’t do this again. Well done Parros.

NotNotALeafsFan

Oct 11, 2013
Toronto
I gotta give credit to the Rangers. They all stuck up for each other despite not having the toughest guys on the ice.

Question: if the Leafs were playing Washington and Wilson did that to one of our players.. how would our team react?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Wilson ended up getting a much smaller fine than Joe Thornton percentage of fine to salary-wise.

Reactions: ToneDog

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Been saying it for awhile that the league doesn't give a shit about protecting the players.

Imagine - if you can - Kadri still in a Leafs uniform and doing the same thing Wilson did. What's he get? The rest of the season + playoffs?

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah I honestly don’t understand how DOPS works. You can slam a guys head into the ice and punch a player’s a head into the ice but a boarding gets you suspended for critical playoff games? Who tf let these idiots be in charge of decisions like this
It was never about the action (to determine the outcome), it has always been the doer of the action (or the team the doer is playing for...)

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
The league clearly hasn't dealt with this appropriately, so street justice is the proper recourse at this point. Rangers need to find the most violent goon next season and bring him up for one game.

I've said it before, the NHL is the worst league in pro sports for protecting its players. It starts with the refs who play games with game management and are so insecure they'll target players for being pathetic at their jobs (when they're called out.) Then there's the league who allows antics like this.

The interesting thing is, this is likely going to end bad for two players. The player Wilson goes too far with and ruins a career, and when someone finally has it with Wilson and blindsides him or lumberjacks him.

Unfortunately the outcome doesn't surprise me at all.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
“I’ve always thought that they could have been a bit harsher on certain plays that I felt where clearly someone intended to do something that was away from the play, had nothing to do with the game and no benefit other than to disable or hurt a person,” Parros said. “Just trying to go a little bit harder on those, because I felt it’s been soft in some instances.”

Ohhh this aged poorly

Should prolly source
https://thehockeywriters.com/george-parros-hired-to-head-nhl-department-of-player-safety/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad