Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Weird way for the Preds 18-game long point streak to end. Smoked by the Coyotes 8-4. Preds had a 2-0 lead early in the game as well. Cooley got his first career hat trick for the Yotes

So that Preds point streak is book-ended by a 9-2 loss and an 8-4 loss.

On the other hand, the Coyotes are on a hot streak right now. Won 5 of their last 7, both of those losses were to us

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
They can also have it because the Dallas Stars have never worn it. I don't associate that green, gold, and white with the team I've been watching.

I agree. In fact, they can have everything North Stars back, including records and retired numbers. Let us have 19, 8, and 7 (which I know was technically retired in Dallas, but it wasn't for the ~100 games he played here, lol) back and available.

Reactions: Troy McClure

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's pathetic that Minny tries to hold onto the history of a team that left them for greener pastures.
It's the history their fans watched with the own eyes. It belongs to Minnesota.

For me in Dallas, that pre-93 stuff is all just media guide filler. I have zero attachment to any of it it because it was all memories enjoyed by people living 1,000 miles away and had nothing to do with Dallas.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I will never understand the obsession some folks have with that color scheme, especially the ones who then turn around and shit on the Stars blackout sweater.
Homie, that's a Stars jersey with a Wild logo on the front.

It's the history their fans watched with the own eyes. It belongs to Minnesota.

For me in Dallas, that pre-93 stuff is all just media guide filler. I have zero attachment to any of it it because it was all memories enjoyed by people living 1,000 miles away and had nothing to do with Dallas.
Except for it being the Stars franchise. They didn't support that team and shit on the owner who had to leave to Shangri-la, AKA Dallas. So yeah pathetic they're trying to grab it back from a franchise that still exists and is thriving.

Reactions: piqued

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
That would probably be best for my mental health, but I can’t do it this year
The way I think about it is that there's nothing we can do as fans to change the outcome, so just enjoy the ride and pray for the Cup. It's tough to do sometimes since we're all so emotionally invested in the team though. Makes a championship that much sweeter if it happens

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Man that playoff "race" in the East for the last two spots ( 2nd Wildcard and 3rd Metro division ) is the most pathetic thing i've seen in a while . All the teams in the running for the spots are on a losing streak. All of them. Like what the f***.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LT and Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Man that playoff "race" in the East for the last two spots ( 2nd Wildcard and 3rd Metro division ) is the most pathetic thing i've seen in a while . All the teams in the running for the spots are on a losing streak. All of them. Like what the f***.
Yeah, finishing top in the East is truly meaningful because it's essentially a free pass to the second round.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Yeah, finishing top in the East is truly meaningful because it's essentially a free pass to the second round.

If the rangers get the 1 seed in the East it's a huge advantage for them and Carolina in round 1

The likely metro bracket could be

Rangers vs Wild Card (currently Philly but who knows by end of game 82)
Hurricanes vs Washington

Compare that to the Atlantic bracket which looks a tough out!

Bruins vs Tampa
Florida vs Toronto

Seems very imbalanced the first round out East.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Avs when they're not at home facing a team on the 2nd night of a b2b:

DALYLYLY-3582245039.jpg

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Avs lose 4-1 to CBJ!

That's losses to Montreal & Columbus in the last 4 games for Colorado. They've now lost 3 of their last 4. Cold streaks always seem to follow hot streaks, hopefully if we get a cold streak it's not right when the playoffs begin lol

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
That's losses to Montreal & Columbus in the last 4 games for Colorado. They've now lost 3 of their last 4. Cold streaks always seem to follow hot streaks, hopefully if we get a cold streak it's not right when the playoffs begin lol
We’re staying hot until we win the cup 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad